Fated Flowers

Taking one step after the other down the dark grey stone steps, you couldn't do anything to calm your nervousness. This was really happening; you would soon be forever bonded to the twins. Such a near future fate caused you to clench the fabric of your dress more. Biting your lower lip, you attempted to quell your nerves by staring out past the officiant and the twins' new form. Beyond the stone patio, a tulip field spread out far and wide. It probably went to the edge of the land mass. Hues of pale yellow, pinkish-orange, dark purple, orange and light purple shone under the afternoon sun, which stood out brightly in the clear blue sky.

Focusing your attention back on the two men up ahead of you, you noticed that you were now just a few steps away. The brothers' new form turned. Their red eyes with purple flecks locked onto your (e/c) orbs, as a genuine smile graced their lips. Upon their person, a crème colored satin vest laid over a white button-up. Crème colored pants covered their legs while tan sandals rested on their feet. Blue locks with red tips framed their face loosely while their face paint had been removed. Concerning their fingernails, they were painted over with a crème color and had small pale pink rose designs on them as well. Frankly, you didn't think the painted nails were part of the Rinnedian tradition, but you wouldn't want to see the result had they tried to cut the brothers' long nails. Diamond most likely would've lost it.

Staring into their newly colored eyes, you searched them to see which brother was present. Just noticing the slight childish aspect to them, you knew it was Heart. Granted, there was a mature aspect to them that only Diamond could hold. Puzzled by this, you took the last steps towards the two men and stood next to the brothers' new form. Giving them a questioning look, a small grin adorned their countenance.

"We figured out how to keep both of us awake at the same time, our dear ______. Before Diamond could go into dormancy, we kept ourselves in place through force of will. Still, we can't hold both of us awake for long," answered both brothers, as their tones of voices continually took turns in their speech.

"How is that even possible?" you questioned, as both of you forgot about the offiant for a moment.

"We both refused to miss our own wedding, so we both declined to switch places. Apparently, our resistance to the magic caused it to break for a brief second in time. This second allowed us to both be awake. That's the best way we can explain what occurred."

Before you could get in a response, the officiant coughed lightly to get the attention of the three of you. Turning towards him, the brothers and you gave him your attention. Frankly, you didn't know that the act the brothers pulled off was possible, but you were just glad to have them both present for this. Expecting the officiant to begin reading from the text in his hands, you were surprised when he set the book on the stone patio. He opened the book, revealing that it was actually a box in disguise. Inside, a stainless steel dagger rested. The steel handle was encrusted with pearls while the rest of the box was filled with dried pink rose petals.

Wishing that you hadn't left your pack back in the honeysuckle room, you could only watch the man lift the dagger from the box. You had agreed to follow the traditions of a Rinnedian wedding, but still, you would've liked to have your daggers nearby. Glancing over at the brothers, you could tell they wished for the same with regards to their saber.

With the dagger now in the man's right hand, he motioned for each of you to extend your left hands toward him. Hesitantly, the brothers and you did as he instructed. Utilizing his left hand, he took hold of the brothers' left hand and brought it closer to him. Taking the dagger, he held it over their left ring finger. Realization hit you like a tidal wave, as you saw the man touch the tip of the blade to their skin. There was no doubt that after this ceremony, you would be eternally connected to the brothers, for you would never be able to take the ring off.

"Under the light of this day, two individuals stand before me: a groom and a bride. Upon this stone platform, I place the bonding blade to the skin of the future husband," he began, as he pressed the steel into the brothers' finger, but the brothers didn't show any sign of pain. Now dragging the blade across their finger, the man began to carve the symbol. "Carving a band of blood, I seal this man's fate to the woman standing beside him. He shall never abandon her in life and death, for if he does, he shall forfeit his right to ever care for another, since breaking this blood promise is a treacherous act of one of the highest degrees."

Once the man finished this declaration and completed carving the ring on the brothers' finger, a light shone around where the carving was made. It quickly disappeared, though, unveiling the band now on the brothers' skin. You were expecting it to be a simple circle, but instead, it bore small circles connected together to form one large circle. Likewise, it wasn't bloody, but had a silver and gold glimmer to it. Obviously, that blade was imbued with some powerful magic.

Now coming over to you, the man brought the blade to your own left ring finger. "Bringing the bonding blade to the skin of the future wife, I draw nearer to the end of this connecting of two individuals," he stated, as began to the drag the blade across your delicate skin. Biting the inside of your left cheek, you prevented yourself from wincing from the pain, as the man continued, "Drawing a ring of crimson into the woman, I bind her to the man next to her. Should she ever disgrace the blood promise, she will forgo her right to ever bring another man to her side due to the severity of her crime."

As he finished the carving, he stepped back while you noticed your left ring finger bearing an identical ring to the brothers'. The man proceeded to set the blade on the stone while it bore both the brothers' and your lifeblood on it. After doing so, the man raised his arms above his head, which bore short sandy blonde hair.

He closed his brown eyes and exclaimed, "Having completed the ritual, I now announce that these two individuals are husband and wife." Lowering his arms and opening his eyes, he stared back at the brothers and you. "Please share your new bond."

Understanding what he meant, you turned towards the brothers' new form while there was still a dull pain in your left ring finger. In all honesty, you couldn't get your head wrapped around the fact that you were now officially married to them. A red tint decorated your cheeks, as you glanced up at the twins. Upon doing so, the brothers secured their left hand around your left wrist before pulling you into their chest. Bringing up their right hand, they lifted your chin and locked their gaze with your (e/c) one. Your breath was nearly taken away from you, as you noticed only happiness and care in their red orbs. A gentle smile, bearing only kindness, highlighted their lips.

Parting your lips partially out of surprise from gazing upon their expression, you couldn't get a word out, as they pressed their lips to yours. Your eyes widened slightly before you slowly brought up your right hand and rested it on their left shoulder. Steadily, you closed your eyes and kissed them back. Since you weren't resisting them, they smiled into the kiss while moving their gentle lips in sync with your soft ones. It seemed longer than a minute, when they pulled away and rested their forehead against your own.

That gentle smile still decorated their face, as they whispered softly to you, "Thank you for not abandoning us, ______."

Hearing them calling you by just your name, you could feel your heart skip a beat. For one second in time, when you looked into their eyes, you saw no sadistic presence, but rather an image of the brothers if they weren't to have the curse placed upon them. Stunned by the brief innocence in their eyes, you could feel your emotions break somewhat, as tears formed in the corners of your eyes.

Letting out a quiet laugh, you allowed the tears to cascade down your cheeks and replied, "You two clowns always know how to mess with my emotions, don't you?"

Their only response was a laugh of their own, as they rested their chin on top of your head. A small smile tugged at the corners of your lips while you rested your head against their chest. Seeing the scene before him, the man picked up the dagger and box before ascending the steps. Despite him not knowing the individuals, he wouldn't interrupt their moment, for he had at least that much respect for outsiders. He followed the two brown-haired girls back into the gazebos after the two women had set down the outsiders' packs at the top of the stairs. Neither the brothers nor you realized the disappearance of the man's presence.

Personally, you didn't know how long you stayed in the brothers' hold like that, but for the first time, you didn't want to leave it. Right now, your mind didn't question why you were permitting this contact, but you knew that you didn't desire to let go. It was just so strange to see that expression on the brothers' face, and it had caught you off guard; it had managed to break through the many shields you had around your emotions.

Thus, in your head it just seemed right to fall into their embrace, for all the care you had for them came out in that simple second. Moreover, you didn't know if you would ever witness that pure innocence in their eyes again, so you would cherish it. After seeing it, you knew that you made the right decision, for that rare sight was worth all the struggles you had experienced with the brothers.