John Murphy ➳ The 100

Pairing: John Murphy x GenderNeutral!Reader
Setting: During season 1, before Murphy's banishment
Author: AikaKyomi
Notes: Here's the first oneshot of our book! I hope you enjoy!

Song
Halsey Coming Down
'I found God, I found him in a lover, when his hair falls in his face, and his hands so cold they shake'

☀︎︎︎☀︎︎︎☀︎︎︎☀︎︎︎☀︎︎︎

Leaning against the rudimentary wooden palisade, you carefully watched through the scope of your sniper for any possible threat to the camp

Leaning against the rudimentary wooden palisade, you carefully watched through the scope of your sniper for any possible threat to the camp. You were almost always on watch: being the shooter with the most precision, you rightfully earned that position.

You couldn't explain it though: when you first stepped out of the dropship, you had no experience whatsoever. You never even came close to manipulate a gun, or any weapon for that matter. But as soon as you managed to build your own slingshot, you realized you maybe had an innate talent for shooting.

The forest was calm today. No grounder in view, although they were probably there, hiding somewhere. There was also a slight mist falling around, covering the surroundings in an uncomfortable humidity, and the darkening clouds announced upcoming rain. But other than that, it was a serene, calm day.

As you kept watch on the area around the camp, you suddenly heard movement to your right. You promptly turned around, raising the edge of the gun towards the noise, when you realized it was just Murphy.

John Murphy to be exact. He was usually on guard at the same time you were, so you ended up talking from times to times. To be honest, you didn't really like him that much. He was bossy, cocky, and each of his sentences dripped with sarcasm. But he was nice, and one of the few people in this world that you didn't hate.

As you turned around, your gun raised up, you saw him jump in fear, probably since you held the weapon a couple centimeters away from his face.

"Huh, would you please point that thing somewhere else?" he inquired. "I intend to keep my face intact, thank you very much."

You scoffed, before turning around to take back your position on the barricade.

"What do you want, Murphy?" you asked, trying to keep watch without being distracted.
"Well, you know, my unlimited devotion to this camp and all, so I'm just doing my job. "
"Yeah, I'm sure you're in love with your job."
"I can't say that it's worse than on the Ark though."
"If you see it that way..."

Silence immersed itself between the two of you, as you tried to keep your concentration. Even if there weren't many laws down here, you still liked your job, and particularly the advantages it gave you. So you held onto it, doing your best for the rest of the camp.