10k ➳ Z Nation

Pairing: 10K x Fem!Reader
Setting: Somewhere during season 2
Author: AikaKyomi
Notes: Alright, so Z Nation is my life, and I think there's not enough of representation about this fantastic TV Show on Wattpad, so here's a little fluffy one shot .3. Warning! Spoilers for season 2 episode 2 (just talks but you know, spoilers still), so make sure to have at least watched it.

Song
Troye Sivan Youth
'Cause we've no time for getting old, mortal bodies, timeless souls'

☀︎︎︎☀︎︎︎☀︎︎︎☀︎︎︎☀︎︎︎

When you woke up that morning, from another sleepless night, you were far from expecting what you had in front of you right now, a few miles away

When you woke up that morning, from another sleepless night, you were far from expecting what you had in front of you right now, a few miles away. Your group called that never-ending zombie horde a zunami apparently, expression stolen from some radio guy called Citizen Z or something. As much as the story was funny to hear, the millions of zombies approaching were far from being laughed at.

To add to that, you had the misfortune of entering a city when the horde came in view. The few undead left in the village, plus a couple of locals that took great pleasure shooting at everything that moved (welcome to the far west), caused enough panic and gunshots around that the chaos made you lose the rest of the group. Since you clearly didn't have the time to search them around with the planning threat of the horde, you promptly fled the city towards the north, hoping to find a safe place to hide when the Z's would hit your location.

You ran as fast your wounded feet let you, in the darkening woods that kept reminding you that the night would soon fall. You managed to silently take out a few Z's along the way, thanks to your trailing-point curved knife, but other than that, no traces of human life.

You brain calculated that something around 30 minutes had passed when you suddenly heard movement in the bushes nearby. Rapid agitation that made you fear for the worst; you lifted your gun to face the noise source, your index slightly brushing the trigger, ready to shoot.

But when the dark haired boy, a sniper on his shoulders exited the bushes, you immediately recognized him, despite the dark surroundings. A big smile formed on your lips.

"10k!" you exclaimed, rushing in his direction to engulf him into a hug.

At first, you thought he didn't know how to react, but you felt his arms awkwardly circling your shoulders as a reply to this sudden affection mark.

"Hey (Y/n), I'm so glad to see you." he declared as you stepped back to face him.
"I was scared I had lost everyone!" you admitted. "Where are the others?"
"I don't know, I lost sight of them in the city. Goddamn z's."
"Talking of Z's, we should probably get moving. Get out of that horde's way by going north."
"I had the same idea. Let's just hope that everyone is safe out there."
"I hope so too. Now let's go."