Cisco Ramon ➳ The Flash

Pairing: Cisco Ramon x Male!Reader
Setting: Somewhere in Season 1. Spoiler-free.
Author: xX_Diamond_Xx
Requested by: ConnorMurphysHusband 
Notes: Hey! First of all, I want to apologize for such a delay since this lovely person requested to us. I hope that this one-shot will make up for it ! I'm also sorry if it doesn't meet your expectations since it was my first time writing a male reader. Hope you enjoy !

♢•♢

The sharp sound that resonated through your apartment made your eyes jolt open, shortly followed by a low growl escaping your mouth

The sharp sound that resonated through your apartment made your eyes jolt open, shortly followed by a low growl escaping your mouth. Wishing to end the suffering your ears were witnessing, you sloppily rolled over and smashed the alarm clock that was resting innocently on your nightstand. As soon as the apartment fell silent again, you let out a pleased sigh while throwing your blanket over your head. Sleep was about to take over you for the second time when the sweet shimmering of Back to the Future made its way to your ears. Your lips curved into a brief smirk as the blankets were thrown across the bed, your fingers firmly wrapping around your cellphone, knowing exactly who it was.

Your eyes scanned over the text you had just received as you sat up on the side of your bed, a hand passing through your messy bed hair. After reading the lovely good morning message from your boyfriend, all signs of weariness had been swept away from your face. It didn't take long before your finger pressed the send button, immediately replying to him. Knowing that someone supported you in your everyday life made it easier to start your day on the bright side and gave you an extra motivation.

As far as you could remember, Cisco and you had been dating ever since you started working at S. T. A. R. Labs, which was way before the explosion of the particule accelerator. You remember that you had always felt drawn to the mechanical engineer and the same could be said for him. A few friendly hangouts soon turned into dates, and the dates soon turned into secret hookups in the lab and outside work. You weren't really in position to complain about those, and understood Cisco's need to hide this relationship to others. Coming out wasn't an easy task for anyone, and even if your family had no problem at all didn't mean that your boyfriend's family were as open as the two of you wished they'd be. You would be lying if sometimes you felt the urge to yell at the top of your lungs that this boy was yours, especially to your group of friends at S. T. A. R. Labs, which was largely reduced after the explosion, leaving Cisco, Caitlin, Barry and at the limit, Dr. Wells.

You shook your head, trying to clear your mind before entering your workplace. Marching confidently into the lonely corridors that used to be so lively, you finally entered the Cortex, where everyone else was already gathered.

"Morning everyone." you greeted as you put down your bag on one of the many surfaces, eyeing the room to see your friends greeting you back. But someone was missing. "Where's Cisco ?"
"He's in his workshop." Dr. Wells intervened, suddenly rolling into the Cortex seconds after you. You nodded slightly in return to his answer.
"Someone is eager to see him." Caitlin hinted from her place, her eyes leaving her computer briefly to send you a playful glance.
You scoffed as you rolled your eyes, a discreet smile forming on your lips. "Whatever. I'm going to go see him. I'm sure he could use some help on the thing he's working on."
"Hm-hm."