Peter Maximoff ➳ Marvel (X-Men)

Pairing: Peter Maximoff X Fem!Reader
Setting: A couple of years following the events of X-Men: Apocalypse
Author: AikaKyomi
Notes: Alright, so this oneshot is actually from my personal Marvel oneshot book, and I wanted to share it with you guys because I particularly loved this one XD. I also want to apologize for the lack of publishing recently, we're all pretty caught up with school and other stuff that's taking more of our time. Anyway, enjoy!

Song
Joan Take me on
'Your head laying on my shoulder. Young love, late night, I'll never leave'

☀︎︎︎☀︎︎︎☀︎︎︎☀︎︎︎☀︎︎︎

[PETER'S P.O.V.]

The city was asleep, and everything was drowned in total obscurity. Under the cover of darkness, I opened the door to the apartment building, trying to be as quiet as possible. A faint bulb was lightened over my head, so weak it was pretty much useless. But I knew the place, and exactly where the stairs were.

A couple of minutes later, I was on the right floor. The door of my apartment was firmly closed, and I took the key out of my pockets to unlock it. My hands pushed it silently, ignoring the loud creaking made by the movement, and I stepped into the room with a sigh of relief.

"Home sweet home." I whispered, smiling.

My gaze went around the area, looking for the person that meant the world to me. All the lights were closed, so I knew she wasn't awake. I walked around the apartment and searched the bedroom, the kitchen, the dining room, until I arrived at the living room.

The T.V was sill lightened on, playing some series I didn't know about. Right in front of it, on the old couch, was her. She was sleeping peacefully, snorting lightly, her (h/l) (h/c) hair covering her face. A smile grew wide on my lips.

I noticed her hand was laying on the side, a white piece of paper crumpled in her palm. Subtly, I reached out to it and turned around the square, before noticing the picture. An old picture, of me and (Y/n) smiling at the camera, with the roller coasters of the amusement park in the background. A day that would never get lost in my memories.

☀︎︎︎☀︎︎︎☀︎︎︎☀︎︎︎☀︎︎︎

[A couple months ago]

"Hey, I've got an idea!" shouted Peter to his girlfriend behind him.
"Please, tell me it's something smart..." she mumbled with a mocking smile.
"Here."

He threw his backpack onto the ground and searched through it only to get out a white damaged camera.

"Where did you get this?" (Y/n) asked in confusion.
"Found it." he simply answered, his fingers trying to figure how the machine worked. "Hey, but at least it's not stolen!"
"Yeah right."

After a moment, Peter brought up the camera in the air, its lens turned in his direction.

"C'mon, let's take a pic!" he exclaimed, his other hand reaching out to (Y/n).
"Peter, I don't know..."
"Just smile to the camera!"

She sighed loudly, but gave up and flashed a smile at the device. For the sake of the picture, Peter laid a hand on his girlfriend's waist and brought her closer to his chest. His fingers pressed the button, and the bright flash of light immortalized the moment forever.

☀︎︎︎☀︎︎︎☀︎︎︎☀︎︎︎☀︎︎︎

[2nd person P.O.V.]
[Present time]

You were profoundly asleep when you felt a light pressure on your shoulder. "It's probably the remote..." you thought on the spot, before turning your body on the side in an attempt to get a better sleeping position. You heard nothing, and began to drift off back to sleep when...

"I think you left the oven on."

That voice. You would recognize it everywhere. You stood up in the time of a blink and opened your eyes, only to see the man you loved so much right in front of you.

"PETER!" you shouted, jumping into his arms.

Tears began rolling down your cheeks, and you laid your head on his shoulder, holding him close in your arms.

"I'm so happy to see you." you whispered, sobbing. "You don't know how much I missed you."
"I do actually." he answered with a chuckle, gently stroking your back. "I missed you just as much."

You giggled, leaning back to get a view of his face. He had a couple of bruises, but nothing too serious to worry about. Without waiting, you laid your hands on his cheeks and brought his face closer, gently pressing your lips on his. He was eager to kiss back, and the two of you stayed in that position for long seconds before backing off for air.

"Everything is alright?" you asked, still laying on his chest while roaming a hand through his silver hair.
"Of course! I'm still in one piece, right?"

Your eyes widened and you pushed him away, getting up on your feet. Your gaze scanned him from head to toes, in search of an injury on his body, but didn't seem to find a thing.

"(Y/n), I'm perfectly fine!" he laughed at you wandering in a circle. "I'm way too awesome to get hurt!"

You stopped and looked right into his eyes, completely unimpressed.

"Weren't you the one with a broken leg a couple of years back?" you mentioned, lifting your eyebrows.
"That's another story!"

Peter chuckled, laying his fingers onto your cheek with a sincere smile.

"Baby, don't worry." he whispered in a calm tone. "I'm fine."

He pressed his lips to your forehead, making you smile in relief. Your arms went around his neck, and you once again kissed him before sitting back on the couch, your boyfriend to your side. His eyes went over the T.V. screen.

"The hell is this shit playing?" he muttered, disgust in his voice.
"I don't know." you shrugged with a laugh. "Friendly reminder that I was sleeping before you interrupted me."
"Sorry not sorry~"

With a chuckle, he circled his arms around you while your head rested on his shoulder. You both didn't move an inch for long minutes, lost in your thoughts and most of all, relieved to have each other.

Suddenly, Peter's hand reached for the remote on the living room table and closed the television by pressing the button.

"So since I'm back..." he started, a grin stamped on his face,
"Hm?" you replied, playing it innocent when you knew perfectly what he was implying.
"How about you show me how much you missed me?"

Without adding a word, you stood up with a smirk, taking his hand into yours, and pulled him off the couch in direction of the bedroom. You heard your boyfriend chuckle from behind, and with a playful gaze, he added:

"Knowing this was waiting for me, I would have run faster."