Barry Allen ➳ The Flash

Pairing: Barry x Fem!Reader
Setting:  This one-shot takes place during season 1 episode 1.
Author: clara1414
Requested by: Fab_Cashew
Notes: Hey guys I really hope you like this Barry x Reader!

•••

"Welcome to Star Labs, miss (Y/n) !"

You turned your head towards the unfamiliar voice. It was Harrison Wells, the genius scientist who created Star Labs. He was standing near the elevator, a small smile on his face.

For as long as you could remember, working here had been your dream. And after all those years of hard work it had finally paid off: you realized it. Today was your first day at Star Labs, and you felt like a little kid. As you entered the circular building, you could feel your heartbeat accelerate. It was all you ever dreamed of. When a certain Cisco Ramon, a fellow scientist, called to tell you that you had the job, you couldn't believe it. Even today, a week later, you still couldn't make sense of it.

"Thank you sir, it is an honour to be here." you answered.

Star Labs was one of the finest in the country. With their new project, a particle accelerator, it could become the best in the world. Your boyfriend and yourself, who was a geek just like you, couldn't stop talking about it. It could literally change the world.

"Cisco will show you around Doctor (Y/n). Then get to work, we have an important project coming up soon." Doctor Wells said.

"Hi I'm Cisco Ramon!" a man exclaimed while coming up to you.

Cisco was a small man with a warm smile on his face. He was dressed with a Star Wars t-shirt and a jacket which was really odd for a scientist but you liked it.

"Hi, I'm (Y/n)" you responded.
"It's cool huh ?!" he asked.
"What ?" you questioned, not quite understanding what he meant.
"Star Labs."
"Oh. Yeah." you nervously laughed.

"Come ! I'll show you around." he offered, putting his arm around your shoulders as he lead you towards the elevator.

For the next hour, Cisco showed you around Star Labs. It was even bigger and better than what you thought. You couldn't help but giggle and fan girl over everything. The equipment they had was incredible. He finally brought you to what looked like the main control room. As you entered, a man and a woman approached Cisco and you, hugging him. You took a moment to look around. It was a big circular room with computers everywhere.

"(Y/n), this is Caitlin and Ronnie." he said, introducing you to his friends.
"Nice to meet you." you greeted, smiling. As you shook hands with Caitlin, you noticed the beautiful ring that she had around her finger.
"I hope Cisco hasn't traumatized you or anything yet." Ronnie said, laughing.
"Me ? Never." Cisco replied, moving his hand in the air with huge gestures showing it was impossible.

From the small chit chat you had with Caitlin, Ronnie and Cisco, you already knew that they were close friends. The trio had a good chemistry. Cisco showed you around for another hour and then you started working. You were working on their biggest project yet: the particle accelerator. As much as you were excited about the project, you had a bad feeling about this. Knowing that a particle accelerator was hard to build wasn't helping the bad feeling in your gut. You didn't know why but it was there. You tried your best to make it disappear but it just wouldn't leave you.

•••

"Hey I'm home !". you shouted as soon as you came into the heat of your apartment. Winter had just started but it was already freezing outside.
"I'm in the kitchen." the voice of your boyfriend responded.