A History Lesson

Here it is! The long awaited new chapter of Flicker In The Dark! I apologize for not uploading as often as I'd like to, its just a bit of writer's block these past few weeks.

This chapter is kind of short, but I  promise more will be on the way!!

<3 Stacey

0-0-0-0-0

“Thank you Zak.” I berated.

            I watched the boys pack up their equipment and walk out of Placid Hills. I moved to one of the windows and watched them get into their car and drive away.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0

            “We’re heading now to Kellie’s pub to talk to the owner, Kellie Flannigan. Kellie and her husband John worked on the restoration of Placid Hills a few years ago before the paranormal activity shut down the restoration and sent the workers running for the hills. Kellie is also one of the town historians and knows the most about Placid Hills’ dark and tragic history.” Zak stated as they drove into downtown Boston. He was still visibly shaken up after his encounter with Emma.

            “Hey Zak, are you okay man? You’ve been acting strangely ever since we left that hospital.” Nick remarked.

            “I’m fine Nick.” Zak replied quickly. He tried to shake of the feeling of immense sadness that Emma had been projecting when she begged them not to leave. Zak had never felt such a strong feeling like that before, not like that.

            “Hey guys,” Zak began, “Tonight during our lockdown, I’m going to spend some time alone in Emma’s room to see if I can communicate with her more.”

            “That sounds like a good idea Zak. Did you hear how much pain was in her voice when she begged us not to leave?” Aaron asked.

            “Yeah I did Aaron. That’s why I want to be alone in her room tonight. I want to give her the chance to speak after so many years of being alone.” Zak responded.

            The rest of their trip into town was silent. Aaron and Nick knew when Zak needed to be alone. Zak stared out the window at the passing buildings.

            “Are you sure you’re alright Zak?” Nick asked as they pulled up to an older brick building with a sign out front that read “Kellie’s Pub”.

            “I don’t know Nick. Something about communicating with Emma’s spirit hasn’t sat right with me since we left. It’s not a bad feeling, but I can’t put my finger on what it is.” Zak replied.

            “Don’t worry man.” Aaron stated. “You’ll have your chance to talk with her again. You’ll figure it out.”

            “I know Aaron but I can’t seem to shake this weird feeling though. Anyway I think that’s Kellie Flannigan now.” Zak motioned to a beautiful middle-aged woman standing on the front stairs of the pub.

            Nick shut off the car and the three clambered out.

            “Well hello there.” The woman said. “You must the guys from Ghost Adventures.”

            “That would be us.” Zak replied. “You must be Kellie Flannigan.” Zak held out his hand.

            “That would be me.” Kellie laughed and shook Zak’s hand. “Should we head over to Placid Hills and get this interview started?”

            “Sounds like a plan! Let’s go!” Aaron boomed with a smile on his face.

            “Now that I think about, we should have told Emma we were coming back.” Nick remarked.

            “You’ve already made contact with Emma Brantley?” Kellie asked. “Wow, she must really like you. It usually takes hours for someone to get Emma to talk.”

            “Yeah, she’s taken a liking to Zak.” Aaron added.

0-0-0-0-0

*I know this is really short! I will try to upload more often!

<3 Stacey