Let The Lockdown Begin

Sorry I haven't posted in quite a while...I ran into a bit of writer's block trying to get the GAC's lockdown started. I know this isn't much, but I know that you will like it anyway.

<3 Stacey

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

            “Yes. Back in 1912, there was a fire in the Children’s Ward. It was completely destroyed and claimed the lives of 36 children. The very last tour group to come through the hospital gave this spirit the name Michael.

“As far as I know, no one has seen Michael.” Kellie replies. “We believe that he is the spirit of one of the children that died in the fire.”

“There was a fire at Placid Hills?” Aaron asks

There are a lot of spirits here who are looking for their lost loved ones. It does get a bit frightening at times to hear all of the voices, knowing that there is no one alive here but me. But I’m used to it. And I love this old place far too much to stay away.”

            “Are you going to keep fixing it up?” Aaron ponders.

            “I think that I will. I don’t think I’m going to turn it into a museum, but I would like to get it cleaned up. Maybe someday it will become a museum.” Kellie remarks. “It would warm my heart to see people in Placid Hills again. Maybe now that Emma has the chance to have her voice heard, she’ll find peace and will allow people to return to Placid Hills.”

            “I wish there were more people like you in this world, Kellie. People who want to restore old buildings and not just tear them down to build skyscrapers. There is so much history here.” Zak declares. “No one understands that there are still people here. No one understands there are people who lived decades ago and are stuck.”

            Zak, Nick and Kellie turn and make their way out of Placid Hills. It had been an eventful day filled with paranormal encounters, and Kellie would like nothing more than to go home and decompress. She had been approached by countless other paranormal teams who wanted to do an investigation of Placid Hills, but she always turned them away.

            But the Ghost Adventures crew is different. They want to do more than just capture evidence of paranormal activity; they want to give a voice to those who no longer have one. They strive to show people these spirits exist.

            “We’re going to start our lockdown early, since we’ve gotten so much evidence during the day. So Kellie, if you’ll lock us in, we can get started.” Zak states.

            “Good luck guys.” Kellie remarks before shutting the door and closing the padlock. The guys watch as Kellie gets into the SUV and pulls away.

            Zak turns to Nick and Aaron, his expression determined.

            “Let’s go over our X cameras and make sure we’ve got everything covered.” Zak pulls out a map of the building and spreads it out on the floor. “We’ve got an X camera set up in the Operating Room where Eleanor died. We’ve got X cameras set up in rooms 809, 2230 and Trauma Room 3. We’ve also got X cameras here in the waiting room, and various hallways throughout the hospital, and I want to put a camera in the Children’s Ward.

            “Aaron you’ll be going into Trauma Room 3. See if you can get the spirit of the little African-American girl to play with you. Nick, you’ll be going into the Operating Room to talk to Eleanor. I’m going to Room 809 to talk with Emma. We’ve brought in our audio/visual tech Billy Tolley, who has set up a base camp here in the waiting room. He’ll be watching all the X cameras on his screen and will alert us if he catches anything. We will regroup here halfway through our lockdown and go over all of our digital recorders.” Zak states.

            “Sounds good Zak.” Nick replies.

            “Let’s get started. Turn on night vision and let’s go dark.” Zak says. “If something evil happens, yell for us immediately. If there’s a dark entity in this hospital, we need to confront it and keep it from terrorizing the living and the innocent souls trapped here.”

            Nick walks over to the light switch and turns off the lights in the waiting room. The hospital plunges into total darkness, the cameras’ LCD screens providing the only light to guide them through the empty halls. The guys go their separate ways as a silence settles over Placid Hills Hospital.

            “If there’s anyone in here who can hear my voice, can you give me a sign? Make a noise or throw something.” Zak says loudly as he makes his way slowly upstairs.

            A loud thump stops Zak in his tracks. He scans the hallway with his camera, searching for non-paranormal causes of the noise.

            “Was that you? Were you telling me you’re here? If that was you, do it again. Make that noise again.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So that's the newest update!