A Race Against Time

Here it is!! The LONG awaited next chapter of Flicker In The Dark. Thank you to all of you who have been commenting and asking me to update. I never thought this story who have the fan base that it does! That is all I can ask for as a writer. =)

-Stacey

0-0-0-0-0

The car filled with laughter at the thought of Zak having a ghost groupie.

            “This wouldn’t be the first time Zak has caught the interest of a lonely female ghost.” Aaron laughed.

            “Well then you are going to have an interesting night Zak.” Kellie remarked.

            “We always do.” Zak muttered.

            The rest of the ride back to Placid Hills was silent. Zak was anxious to get back to Emma to show her that he’d kept his promise about returning to the hospital. A loud bang sounded from the back of the car, causing everyone to jump.

            “What the hell was that?” Aaron asked as he opened up his door. He got out of the car and walked to the back.

            “What’s the matter Aaron?” Nick asked, leaning out his open window.

            “We’ve got a flat tire guys.” Aaron groaned. He opened the trunk and pulled out a spare tire and a jack.

            “Hurry up and change it Aaron. We need to get back to Emma!” Zak said anxiously.

He’d never felt like this before. Not one time in the years that he’d been a paranormal investigator had Zak ever felt such a strong urge to return to the place of a lockdown. If Aaron didn’t hurry up and change the tire quickly, Zak was going to run back to Placid Hills. Zak couldn't put his finger on what it was about Emma that was making him so agitated and smitten with her.

0-0-0-0-0

"When are they going to come back? I hope he comes back." I sighed and turned from my place at the window where we had first seen each other. It was times like this that I wished there were other intelligent spirits at Placid Hills. But alas, I am eternally alone. Even Zak would leave eventually, he'd already made that clear.

I walked down to the ground floor, stopping when I passed by Ellie's old room. My soul ached knowing that she died at such a young age, but to know that she was at peace with her family is all I can take from the tragedy.

0-0-0-0-0-0

"Hurry the hell up Aaron! We've got to get going! Emma's waiting for us!" Zak prodded as he paced back and forth beside the SUV that still sat on the side of the road.

"I'm trying to Zak. Maybe I'd be able to work faster if you would stop telling me every five seconds that Emma is waiting. I know Emma is waiting for you Zak." Aaron replied with a sigh.

"Screw this, I don't have time to wait around here." Zak said as he scanned the horizon. Without waiting for a response, Zak took off down the road in the direction of Placid Hills Hospital.

"Zak! What do you think you're doing? You can't run to Placid Hills from here! It's 100 degrees out and you're wearing black!" Nick shouted at Zak's retreating form.

"Hurry up with that tire Aaron. We've gotta catch up to Zak before he passes out from heat exhaustion." Kellie sighed as she leaned against the front of the car.

0-0-0-0-0

Sorry guys that's it for now! I am having awful writer's block with Flicker In The Dark...but that's nothing a Ghost Adventures marathon shouldn't fix! And it doesn't help that I've been up for close to 24 hours straight. :[

-Stacey