Meeting Eleanor

Here it is! The newest installment of Flicker In The Dark! Enjoy!

<3 Stacey

“Oops.” I laugh. I run from the room. I know the guys will be upset with me because I damaged the equipment.

0-0-0-0-0

            “Welcome back Zak. We were just about to go into the operating room where Eleanor died.” Kellie says as she leads the guys into a big room.

            “So this is the exact room where Eleanor Winston died?” Nick ponders as he looks at an old surgical light.

            “Yes, this is the exact room where she died in 1942. There have been reports of paranormal activity here in the operating room as well.”

            “I feel like I’ve been here before.” Nick remarks.     

            “Have you personally experienced any activity in this room?” Aaron questions.

            “Yes I have actually had quite a number of experiences in this room. I was in here about a week ago just getting some last minute things ready for the lockdown. I was standing here next to the operating table and felt a small hand, like a child’s, grab my hand. There was a lot of fear in the room during that; like the spirit was frightened of whatever had occurred in this room. I feel that this is the spirit of Eleanor Winston.”

            “But then why is Emma still searching for Eleanor? Does she not know that Eleanor’s spirit is here?” Nick asks.

            “Emma does not know that Eleanor is still here in Placid Hills. The town historians believe that Eleanor’s spirit is trapped back in 1942.” Kelly remarks.

            “What do you mean trapped? She has to know that so much time has passed since her death.” Nick expresses.

            “Nick, Eleanor’s death was sudden and unexpected. She was just a child when she died, and children do not understand death like adults do. Eleanor cannot comprehend that she has passed on.” Zak clarifies. “Eleanor doesn’t understand that time has passed, though she knows something is different. She sees that the hospital is empty now, but she doesn’t know the reason why. She is an intelligent spirit who still is not aware of her surroundings and continually cries out in pain over and over.”

            “Wow that is trippy. Is there anything that can help her get to the present?” Aaron gasps.

            “I haven’t heard of anything like this before. Have you Zak?” Kellie inquires.

            “Yes, I have heard of something like this occurring before. The problem with that is the paranormal community is debating whether or not these types of spirits are intelligent, or just residual. Eleanor is obviously an intelligent spirit if she is interacting with the living.” Zak discloses. “But I do not know if there is anything we can do to bring Eleanor to the present. There’s no harm in trying during the lockdown.”

0-0-0-0-0

            I sit in the corner and watch these new strangers talk about me. I do not recognize the contraptions the men are using. When these men first came to Placid Hills, I was scared. I thought they were here to take me away. Then I saw them talking to Kellie and knew that they were friendly. Kellie is kind and would never let anything or anyone hurt me. Maybe these new people will help me find Emma again.

            I stand up from my spot in the corner and slowly approach one of the men. He is tall, with black hair and a gentle smile. He knows so much about me I have to know who he is. I reach out and tug on his shirt.