Chapter One

"Peyton, get down here and do these dishes," Mrs. Anderson commands. She may sound mean but she is actually really nice sometimes. Before my parents accident I always learned that orphanages were cruel and mean to you, but I now know that not all of them are like that.

I walk downstairs and get started in the dishes like she asked. "Thank you, sweetie," she says and then gives me a kiss on the cheek. I take out my iPod and start to play some music. I love music, I self taught myself to play the piano and the guitar. When I get bored I sneak out of the orphanage and go to the corner and play to get some money. I have been saving up for a phone.

I finish up the dishes and walk back upstairs still quietly listening to my music. Since we are in kind of a popular part of the city there are more shops and kids don't really come here often, so I get my own room. I am not really allowed to do much here like we can't have crazy things on our walls or we can't be to loud just that kind of stuff.

I grab my guitar and sneak out the window. I go to the corner of the street which takes me about five minutes to walk there. I sit down and think of a song I could play. It takes me a while to make a list in my head of what song I should sing first but I decide on Riptide by Vance Joy.

Scott POV

"Who wants a coffee,"I ask.
I see Mitch and Kirstie's hands go up and I hear a few me's scattered around the room. I make a list of orders so I can go get the coffee. I walk out of the studio and start walking to the Starbucks about a block away. On my way there I see a few people standing in a circle on the corner just past the Starbucks. Why not go check it out. I walk over and there is a young girl maybe about thirteen or fourteen singing and playing the guitar. I am in shock. She is so good.

I take out my phone and text Mitch.

EMERGENCY!! Get to the corner a little bit past Starbucks. Bring the others.

I press send and wait. I keep watching hoping that she doesn't leave before the others get here.

I turn around to see if I can see them walking over here. Surely enough I see them running over here. They spot me and start running faster in my direction.

"Are you okay," Mitch asks panting.

"Yeah I am fine. Why," I ask.

"Because you texted Mitch that it was an Emergency. We thought you were hurt or getting attacked," Kirstie says trying to catch her breath.

"Oh. No, it is neither of those things. There is this girl on the corner and she was playing guitar and singing and I wanted you guys to hear how amazing she was."

"What girl," Avi asks.

I turn around and she is not there. I turn back toward my friends. "There was a girl there. I promise," I exclaim.

"He isn't wrong when we were running toward him I saw a girl playing the guitar," Kevin speaks up.

"You guys should have heard her she was amazing. She looked about 13 or 14 years old. You know what I am going to come here tomorrow and you all are coming with so I don't sound like a crazy man."

"Fine," they all groan.

"Now we have to hurry back before Esther kills us," Avi says walking back toward the building. More talk about our up coming tour here I come.

A/N

Hello I hope you like my new book. Don't worry I won't stop writing my other one. I just have ideas that I can't use in Adopted by Janiel. Comment if you are excited for this book. Love ya. Bye.