Chapter Eleven

Peyton's POV

"I can't believe it. We won a Grammy," Kirstie says. 

"I know, it's all surreal," Kevin says. 

"Okay so what is the plan for the rest of the night," I ask.

"That is a good question, it is still pretty early isn't it," Avi says.

"How about we go to the after party and be there for like thirty minutes and meet some people then we leave," Scott proposes the idea," Is that good with everyone?"

I nod my head in agreement and a range of agreements go around as well.

"Peyton, I am going to tell you one thing," Avi says.

"What may that one thing be," I ask.

"No alcohol."

I laugh and jokingly say," Darn that is the only reason I agreed."

Everyone laughs as we start following a big crowd of people of who we were assuming are going to the after party. Luckily we were right and the people we were following are going to the after party. Our group all kind of splits up with Scott and Mitch sticking together, and Kevin and Avi stay next to each other, but they talk to different people. That leaves Kirstie and I by ourselves. 

"So what do you think," Kirstie asks me.

"What do you mean," I ask.

"What do think of-," she starts before getting cut off by someone tapping her shoulder. The man that tapped her shoulder looked pretty important to I told her to talk to him and I will go sit on the couch that is like five feet away. I sit down and I look at all the people talking to everyone. I sort of just start thinking of my own little things, like what would I be doing right now if I hadn't got adopted?

I get pulled out of my trance when I feel someone tug on the end of my dress. I look in the direction and I see a little girl, and she looks to be holding a story book. "Hello," I say.

The little girl just waves, and continues to hold the book close to her chest.

"What is your name," I ask just trying to know her.

She just continues to stare at me. 

"You don't like to talk much do you? Do you want me to read you your book?"

She nods her head and walks toward me, handing me the book. I take the book and set it next to me. I pick her up and set her on my lap. Then I grab the book next to me and I start reading. 

I finish reading her the story, and I notice that she fell asleep. I just stay here and let her sleep, I mean I don't want to be rude to the poor thing. She is only like two or three. Around five minutes later I see a lady looking around the crowd of people. She looks over my way and rushes over in my direction.

"Oh my god, I am so sorry if she caused you any trouble," the lady says once she reaches me. She takes the little girl off my lap.

"Are you her mother," I ask.

"Yeah, Beyonce, nice to meet you," says the lady, who is named Beyonce.

"I am Peyton, and she wasn't a bother," I say.

"Who are your parents? Whoever raised you did it right. You are so kind," Beyonce compliments me.

"Um, my parents died when I was three. I sort of raised myself in the orphanage because none of my aunts or uncles or grandparents wanted me. I am only here because I was recently adopted by Pentatonix," I say. 

"You poor thing," she says attempting to give me a side hug with her daughter, whos name I still don't know, in her arms. After a few seconds Beyonce and I pull away from the hug. "Peyton," I hear my name get called. I turn my head and see Kirstie called my name and motioned for me to go to her. 

"I am getting summoned," I say. 

"Hold on." Beyonce sets down the girl and finds a pen and paper and writes something down. "If you ever need anything or you need to sneek back in your house take this," she says handing me the paper with her phone number on it.

"Thank you. I have to go," I say starting to walk away. 

"Anytime."

I walk over to Kirstie who leads me over to the rest of the group. "Who were you talking to," Kirstie asks me.

"Oh, this really nice lady. Her name was Beyonce,"I say with a melancholy tone.

"Wait, you talked to Beyonce,"she asks amazed.

"Yeah. Is that bad? Is she a bad person," I question.

"No, she isn't a bad person, but she is known by everyone. She is literally Scott's, idol."

"So are you trying to tell me that I have her number Scott will kill me for it," I say lifting up the piece of paper she gave me.

"That is exactly what I am saying."

We start laughing as we exit the party. "So now what do we do? Do we go home, go get something to eat," Scott asks.

"We should go to Starbucks," Mitch suggests.

"What is Starbucks," I ask.

"Oh my god. Child you have been deprived from what is good for you," Mitch says dramatically," We have no choice, but to go there now."

"There is one across the street from here,"Avi points out.

"Okay, but we have to be careful of cars, it is late at night in LA there could be some drunk drivers at 9:30 PM,"Scott says, half jokingly. 

I start to walk in front of the group making my way to the Starbucks when I hear my name getting shout. I turn to look beside me and I see headlights.

A/N

Hiya! Umm... Its been a while. Like January. This is awkward... Can I make it up to you telling you I love you. I don't think I mentioned Peyton's age yet in this book. Gosh I am really bad at this Author thing. Well Peyton is 13. Updates will be slow on both books because I have a lot of school projects. Sorry. Updates will be slower too because school is hell right now, and I have three projects that I have to focus on. I will still be updating, but not as often.

Suggestions Here~~~>

Love ya! Bye!