Chapter Twenty Four

"It is too early for this shit," I complain to Emma.

"Language," Mitch says.

"Says you," Scott says.

"Yeah but you will be crazy as soon as we get to the show," Emma says.

"True," I say.

"Is Grayson going to watch you," Emma asks.

"He said he was," I respond.

We both end up falling asleep on our way to the show grounds, but I was jerked awake when my car door opened.

"Wake up sleeping beauty we are here," Avi says, catching me before I fall out of the car.

"You could have just knocked on my window or something. Not let me just wake up in fear I am going to fall into oblivion," I yell, my voice groggy.

"Where is the fun in that though," he responded.

"Can you do me a favor, and sign me up for the classes, thank you," I shout to Avi, who is already on his way to the sign up stand.

We see Emma's parents pull up with the horses in the trailer behind them. They pay for entry and pull-up next to us.

They park the car and we get to work. Once the horses are saddled up we grab the patterns that  we need to memorize. 

"This is the easiest pattern in the world," Emma says.

"Why is my pattern at 3.5 feet, I have only jumped 3," I tell Emma.

"Don't worry you'll be fine, you are totally ready for it, and if you don't place that is just something to work on."

"Okay," I say sort of questioning her statement. Emma walks away to warm up, Rome.

"Hey, babe," I hear someone say making me look up.

"Grayson, you came," I say.

"Of course I did, I have to see my girlfriend kick ass," he says.

"Well, thank you for coming, and just so you know my parents don't really like you dating me. Though they haven't met you, so they might act a little odd and want you to like leave, but please don't. Though, Kirstie is okay with you, and Mitch is kind of okay with i-," I get cut off.

"Your rambling because you are nervous. What is wrong," he asks trying to comfort me.

"I am just so nervous, I am jumping a half of a foot higher than normal, and you are sort of meeting my parents," I say. He brings me into a hug and says," don't be nervous you will be fine and I can deal with your parents."

"Peyton, you should probably get on Bey, and get warm- who is this," Kirstie says.

"This is Grayson," I say meekly.

"Oh, okay well come on lets get you on your horse," she says. Grayson grabs my hand and walks with me to Bey. 

"The boys are already in the Grandstands, so I am going to join them, good luck sweetie," Kirstie says.

"Okay, mom, I love you," I say. She whispers something into Grayson's ear and walks away.

"Can you give me a leg up," I ask.

"Yeah," he says.

"What did she tell you?"

"Just to make sure nothing happens to you."

I smile and he walks Bey and I to the warm up arena. "Calling class 8, jump hight four feet!"

"That's you," he says.

"That's me," I say.

"Babe there is no reason to be nervous. You have a supportive friend watching you, you have your family watching you, and you have me. If something where to go wrong I will be the first one in the arena. I will catch you if you fall. Of course I can not run that fast to catch you, but you know what I mean."

"Just kiss me you idiot," I say.

I lean down and wait for his lips to touch mine, and trust me it did not take long for them to touch. 

"Now calling Peyton Hoying, on Royalty Beyond into the arena."

"You'll do great babe."

I walk into the arena and ask him to trot, and later transition into a canter. "Okay Bey we can do this," I say.

First jump went fine and then second and so on and so forth. 

It is the last jump a doubled up four foot. I am in position and he is still cantering to the jump. Last minute he refuses the jump, but I stay on. I take him in a circle only to get the same result. I take him a little further, and I believe we can do it. I close my eyes, but nothing was on my side and I went over. I flipped over his neck and my helmet flew off my head, hitting the jumping pole. Bey was running all around the arena from what I could see. 

My vision started blurring. I see someone running up to me.

"W-who a-a-are you," I ask.

"Peyton just stay awake for me okay, don't close you eyes," the mystery person says.

"O-okay," I say.

I see blue and red flashing lights and I black out.

A/N

Hello, nice to meet you. I am the author who sucks at updating. Well here is a chapter. I hope y'all enjoyed the chapter.  This is also not edited(sorry).

Suggestions~~~>

Something that makes you smile~~~>

I love y'all. Bye.