Chapter Thirteen

Peyton's POV

"Have a great day at school, Pey," Scott says.

"Thanks Scott," I say getting out of the car. I close the door and I walk into the front doors of the school. I walk to the commons area where everyone stands before the first bell rings. I sit down on the floor and I take out my phone. I see feet by where I am sitting and I look up. 

It is a girl I have never seen before. "Hi, I am Emma I am new here," she introduces herself.

"I am Peyton, it's nice to meet you. Wanna sit with me," I offer trying to be friendly.

"I would love to," she says with an accent. 

"What is your schedule," I ask. She hands me a sheet of paper. I look at it. 

"We have six out of eight classes together. The best class is going to be Mr. Woods' class," I announce. I hear the first bell ring and Emma and I stand up. 

Time Skip to Lunch

Emma and I laugh at something that happened in second hour earlier today as we sit dow at our lunch table. "If you knew what was good for you, you wouldn't sit with her," someone behind me says," she is an orphan. Unwanted."

I ignore it. It is just Maria thinking that she is being better than everyone else. "Here you are new here, I'll let you come sit with us," Maria says to Emma.

"There is nothing wrong with being an orphan. Thank for the offer, but I will kindly decline," Emma says.

"Suit yourself," She turns to me," She is going to leave you at some point. Like I said you are unwanted."

"Bitch," I murmur when she walks away. Emma laughs at my comment. "Little does she know I was adopted by a very nice family.

"Really, that amazing," Emma says.

"Yeah I took a week off school to get situated in the house and with a new family. Wanna work on homework together after school?"

"Sure, can we do it at your house? Mine is invaded with boxes," she asks.

"I think it will be find, but I will have to ask."

"Okay."

I secretly take out my phone and text on the little group chat. 'Can I have a friend come over to work on homework together?'

I got a series of yes'. 

"They said it was okay with them. I have one question for you though."

"What is it chickadee," she says.

"Do you know who Pentatonix is?"

"Yes, but no. I have heard of them, but don't really know who they are. Why?"

"They are my adoptive parents."

After School

 I meet up with Emma in the commons area and then we walk out to where we were said to get picked up. It is a while before we get picked up by someone in my family. Actually, we are the last  students in the school. 

I see a car with Kirstie driving. We walk up and get in the car. Kirstie immediately start to apologize. "I am so sorry. I was in a meeting with Esther and then on the way here there was traffic-," she starts rambling.

"Mom it's fine," I tell her," This is my friends Emma."

"Hello, Emma, nice to meet you. You can call me Kirstie," Kirstie says.

"Okay, thank you for picking me up," Emma says.

"Oh, it's no problem."

~Time skip home~

We walk through the front door and up to my room. 

"We aren't really going to work on homework are we," Emma asks me. 

"No, I just wanted to talk to you more," I say.

A/N 

I know boring right. You all must want to just abuse me I know, but the school year is almost over and I do have a direction for this book I just don't really have time to write anymore. Any suggestions of what you would like to see in the future you can comment...

RIGHT HERE~~~~>

 I love you all. Have a fantastical day. bye.