Chapter Ten

Scott's POV

I wake up with a groan and notice that I am not in my bed, I am on the floor. I sit up to see that everyone fell asleep in the living room. I wake up and check the time. It's only eight so I get up to start my day, but not before grabbing a metal pan and a spoon. I quietly walk as close as I can get to all of them and I start to bang the spoon and pan together.

Kirstie, Peyton, and Mitch all wake up with a scream, while Kevin and Avi yell at me to knock it off. "Come on get up let's get started with our fun filled day," I say laughing at all of them.

"That is cruel and unusual punishment," Peyton says slowly getting up.

"Preach,"Mitch says," but he is right we have to get up. We have to be at the Grammy awards in..."

"Nine hours," I finish for him.

"Okay so five more minutes," Peyton says.

I laugh,"No it means now."

"Fine," she groans getting up. Everyone else slowly follows her in getting up.

~(spongebob voice) a few hours later~

Peyton's POV

"Mom," I shout. She comes walking into the bathroom.

"Whatcha need,"she asks.

"Can you help me curl my hair... I have tried but every time I think I get it, it turns out to be a flop. Either that or I would burn my finger."

She gives me a smile,"Of course I'll help you." 

She walks over and takes the curling iron wand thing from hand and starts to do my hair.

"So, what were you trying to go for," she asks.

"I think I was trying to get some loose curls," I answer.

~One Hour Later~

"All done," Kirstie says finishing off the last curl. She pinned them all up to my head until they cooled down cause then they would last longer.

"Thanks mom,"I say.

"No problem. You better get your dress on and if you want you can put some make-up on."

"Okay, I am on it,"I solute. I walk into my closet and I retrieve the dress. I slip out of my current clothes and carefully put on my dress, hoping I didn't ruin one of my curls. I walk into Kirstie's room. "Mom, can I take the pins out of my hair now," I ask.

"Yeah they should be good by now," she says continuing to put on her mascara. I walk into the bathroom to take the pins out. I have about two of the thousands in my hair when Mitch walks in to grab something out of the cabinets. "Hey, Pey. What are you up to," he asks.

"Nothing really just taking pins out of my hair. What about you?"

"Just looking for something Scotty asked me to get," he answers,"You look really nice."

I smile and let out a small laugh,"And you look nervous, but you look nice too."

"Thanks," he says grabbing something and going to Scott's room. After I finish taking out the pins in my hair I walk back into my room to get my shoes. They are black velvet pumps. Kirstie and Mitch got them for me when we went shopping one time. They told me I looked like a foal trying to stand up for the first time when I practiced walking in them. I put them on and I start to walk around in them a little to make sure I won't die.

I stop when I hear a knock at my door. "Who dares approach my door," I say in a weird accent.

"The man of dragons," I hear the deep voice say.

"You may enter Avi," I say with a slight laugh. He opens the door and says to come downstairs because the limo will be here soon.

I cautiously go downstairs making sure I don't slip in my heels. When I finally make it downstairs and we all here a honk outside. "Are we all ready," Kevin asks.

I nod my head as do the rest and we all walk out of the house.

On the way there Scott hands me a small box wrapped in paper with a bow on top. They all look at me and then Mitch says,"Open it."

I cautiously open it. My mind is wondering and giving me ideas. What if we aren't going to the Grammy's and we are going back to the orphanage, and there is a note saying they are getting rid of me. I open it more and it is a box about the size of my hand length wise. I open the lid of the box and I see a gold iPhone 5s. (Keep in mind the 6 wasn't out yet nor was the 7)

I get a big smile on my face. "Thank you. Thank you so much," I say excitement in my tone,"but I could have gotten it myself. I was trying to make money to buy a phone."

"You don't have to thank us," Mitch says. They all nod their heads in agreement. At that moment the vehicle stops and the diver pulls down the window down that separates us. "We are almost to the place you get off at," he says.

"Okay thank you, sir,"Kirstie says. The window goes back up. "Who in here is nervous," I say. They all say 'me'. The window rolls back down. "We are here," The driver says. 

"Thank you," Avi says. Someone opens the door from outside, and we all shimmy our way out of the vehicle.

I get out and there is a group of people waiting to walk the red carpet, chatting among themselves. We go behind and join standing in our own groups. 

After a little while it is our turn to get on the carpet. "What do I do," I ask Scott.

"Stand between Kirstie and I, and smile. We will get pulled over at some point to ask questions, if they ask you something and you don't feel comfortable answering then just look to one of us," he says.

I nod as this guy motions motions us onto the carpet. I do as Scott says and I stay between him and Kirstie smiling the entire time. We get further down the carpet and we get pulled aside to get asked questions.

"Hi, so I know you all have to leave soon so lets ask you some quick questions," the lady asks.

The group all just nods in agreement. 

"Okay so first off. Who is this little lady here?"

"Oh,"Kirstie says," This is Peyton she is my cousin. My Aunt and Uncle went on vacation and I was the closest to where the live."

"Okay,"she sort of questions. She continues question more about the band and stuff until we had to move on. That is how most of the other interviews went. One of the interviewers did ask questions about the band, but his last question got to me.

"So do you miss your parents," she asks me.

I look up to Scott with tears starting to well up on my eyes.

"She misses them a lot," Scott says,"Thanks for the interview."

We all sort of rush off, but I can hear her say something to the camera guy before. It was along the lines of 'did you get that'. We rush inside to find our seats and sit down not wanting to do anymore interviews.

"Are you okay," Kirstie asks looking at me,"that was kind of a random question for her to ask."

"Yeah," I say a little shaky," I'll be fine."

"Okay if you need anything just let me know okay," she says holding my hand in a motherly way. 

The lights go down signaling that the Grammy's are starting. 

A/N

Hi. How are you? I know I haven't updated this in literal years, but here I am. I was also watching Ru Paul's Drag Race while writing this chapter. I hope you like it. In my opinion this chapter got a little boring, but I am thinking I might add a twist in the book in the next few chapters, what do you think?

Suggestions~~~~>

Love ya. Bye.