Chapter Nine

Above is the dress Peyton will wear to the Grammy's just imagine it a little longer.

Right now Kirstie is with me helping me look for dress to the Grammy's, of course the day before the event. We are almost out of store options, and it is getting late. "If we don't find anything in this store we will have to find you something in my closet," Kirstie says. 

I just nod not having anything to say. We walk to the dress part of the store and start to look for any dress that is my size. We find a couple we find a dark red one with a halter neckline and it fit but it was too revealing for me. The next one was a dark blue color that was a little bit longer than the last one and it was beautiful, but it was too small. We go through that process many times before we get to the final dress. It is a black dress with a line of mesh at my wrists and a little bit above my knees. I try it on and I walk out of the dressing room to show Kirstie. 

She is on her phone texting someone. "Kirstie,"I say to get her attention. 

"One second," she puts her phone down and she looks up to me standing there in the dress. She gasps and then says,"Peyton, you look beautiful. It looks like it fits you well, does it feel good?"

"Yeah, it feels soft and it fits me well," I respond.

"We got a winner. Go change and when you are done we can pay for it."

I nod heading back to the dressing room to change into my normal clothes. I later come back  out with my clothes on and dress in hand, Kirstie smiles at me and we walk to the check out line. With the time it is there was no line.

"Hello, ladies how are you today," the elderly lady at the desk asks.

"We are doing lovely how are you," Kirstie replies.

"I am doing just fine. Oh, what a beautiful dress. May I ask what are you buying it for?"

"We are going to the Grammy's tomorrow," Kirstie says.

"That will be fun. The dress is $128.64," The lady says.

My eyes widen. "Kirstie there is no way you are buying that dress it is too expensive," I say.

"Oh, I beg to differ, you should look at the prices of the things in Mitch's closet," she laughs. I laugh with her. She pays for the dress and the lady bids us a good day.

On the way home I start to think. A couple nights ago I called Kirstie 'Mom'. I don't know if she wants me to call her that or not. I have learned not to trust people to fast, but I feel like my new family is an exception. 

"Kirstie," I guess there is no going back now," c-can I call you 'Mom'."

She turns to me quickly, because she is driving, and says,"Of course you can. You can call me anything you are comfortable with."

I get a big smile and another thought pops in my head,"Where will I be when you are all walking down the red carpet tomorrow?"

"You'll be with us, what do you mean," she asks.

"Like you guys aren't going to introduce me to the fans until your tour, so..."

"Oh my gosh your right. Umm, you can be a cousin visiting me or someone."

"Okay that works for me," I say. The rest of the drive home was Kirstie and I belting out to the music on the radio. 

We walk through the front door and Kirstie shouts,"Boys we are home!"

We get no answer, so we walk further into the house so that we walked into the living room. We see them all asleep to a movie playing. "What should we do to them,"Kirstie turns to me whispering. I get an evil smile on my face. "I am going to hide somewhere they can't find me, but I can still see. You will come running into the house yelling and crying that I got kidnapped," I tell her.

"That is horrible," she says,"but they didn't make us dinner while we were out, so..."

"Great, I am going to hide in the little closet, but I am going to keep it a little bit open so that I can watch,"I tell. She nods and quietly walk back out the door after watching me go into my hiding place.

"SCOTT!! AVI!! KEVIN!! MITCH!!"

She enters the house and she actually looks like she had been crying. 

They all jolt up with alarm on their face. Scott speaks up,"What is it Kirst? Where is Peyton?"

"I don't know! We were looking around for a dress for tomorrow, a-and I turn m-m-my back for one second. I turn back around a-a-and she... she wasn't there," she sobs,"I think she was kidnapped."

"I am going to call the police," Mitch speaks up.

"I already tried... They said that we have to wait twenty four hours before we can report a missing person," she continues to cry," I am a horrible mother!"

"No, don't say that it could have happened to anyone it wasn't your fault, it wasn't anyone's fault," Avi says.

"We have to go find her," Kevin says," Kit do you want to come with or do you want to collect yourself and join in a little bit?"

"I want to stay here for a little bit," she says sort of looking dazed.

"I'll stay with her, to comfort her," Mitch says. The other three okay it and walk out of the house. I walk out of the closet after a couple minutes. "Hey," I say," What did I miss?"

"What the hell," Mitch exclaims.

Kirstie and I just start to die of laughter. "Kirsite you knew she was here?"

She nods her head, and a few seconds after Mitch joins the laughter. After we sobered up Mitch says," I thought you were actually kidnapped. It scared me shitless."

After about an hour or so after Mitch found out about the prank the rest of the group walks in with sad, longing faces.

"Why such a sad face," I ask.

"We couldn't fi- PEYTON?!"

"Yeah," I say holding back a laugh.

"How did you get here? I thought you were kidnapped," Kevin asks.

"It was all just a prank. Mom was in on it too," I say with a little laugh at the end.

"Boys you know what to do," Scott says to Avi and Kevin.

"OH god no! Don't do that to her Scott," Mitch pleads. Kevin and Avi pick me up hold one arm each.

"What is he going to do to me," I ask scared," Please don't hurt me."

"I am not going to hurt you but..." Scott says. He reaches out to my waist tickling me. We spent the night in the living room because we were all to lazy to go to our own rooms. I love my family.

A/N

Yep I know I am a horrible person. I was supposed to update this for Updatemas and I didn't do it for a lot of days, but on a brighter note my birthday is this month. Someone want to guess my age and birth date. I hope you enjoy this chapter. I love y'all. Bye.