Chapter Nineteen

Time skip to the horse show.

My alarm goes off marking five o'clock in the morning. I wake up and rush to do everything that Peyton instructed me to do the morning of a horse show.

I put on the tan breeches she gave me, and then put some PJ pants over them. Apparently it's to keep them from getting dirty. Then I put on my sports bra and a tank top putting another shirt over that one so it also doesn't get dirty.

I go down stairs and I make myself some toast with orange juice, waiting for my family to wake up.

After about ten minutes and hearing three alarms no body is awake. So what do I have to do myself? Wake them up.

I bolt upstairs and run into moms room. I shake her shoulder and wake her up. "Come on mom is horse show day," I say," you can also help me wake the boys up."

She is up and ready in five minutes, ready to wake them up. She said that she will get Scott and Mitch while I get Kevin and Avi. I walk downstairs with her and get a few pots and pans and we both walk back upstairs. "You know what, we can actually just do it together," Kirstie says.

We stand in the middle of the hallway and start the clash the two metals together.

"WHAT THE HELL IS ALL THAT NOISE FOR," I hear Mitch yell.

They all walk out of their designated room and man do they look tired.

"What was that for," Avi asks.

"It's horse show day," I say excitedly," we are supposed to be at the barn in thirty minutes so y'all better hurry."

They all rush back into their rooms to get ready, and I laugh because of the look of panic on their faces.
———
"So this is Courtship Farms they are a local horse farm that hold horse shows," Peyton informs me.

"For local this is a lot of people," I say.

"Don't worry, you just started riding, but you have done a few months work of riding in just a week," she says," you'll be fine, just remember to relax."

"Okay," I say nervously.

"What's your number?"

"Umm 154," I respond.

She laughs," mines 153."

We get the horses and ourselves ready and ride to the warm-up arena. Emma is riding Rome and I am riding Bey. I see my family on the edge of the big show arena and are waiting for my class to be called. (For those of you who don't know, a class is a certain portion of a show. Example: walk/trot class, English pleasure, stadium jumping, etc.)

"Class 15 Walk/Trot 14-15 years please enter the arena. Class 15 Walk/Trot 14-15 year please enter the arena,"announced a voice.

That is Emma and I's class. On the way to the entrance gate Emma says," Relax and smile."

I do as she says immediately and walk in.

"Riders you are now under the Judges eye."

I go through everything in my head from what I learned the past week. Rise and fall with the leg on the wall. Keep a connection with my outside rein. Everything.

"Riders show to the trot please, Riders please show to the trot."

I squeeze Bey a little and he started trotting and I started to post. (For those who don't know posting is an up and down pattern that goes to the beat of a horses trot.)

"Riders please change direction at the trot please change direction at the trot."

I sit once as I turn around continuing to post at the trot. We trot a little long and then the announcer says," Rider show to the walk please Riders show to the walk."

Bey walks as soon as I tell him to, and shook his head a little bit.

"Riders come to middle facing the judges stand, please come to the middle of the arena facing the judges stand."

I turn him towards the middle already facing the stand. Emma comes up right next to me. She looks over to me and mouthed the words 'Your doing great'.

'Thanks you too' I mouthed back.

The judge walks around all of the horse and continues to judge. She later walks to the stand and hands, what I believe are the results, to the announcer.

"In tenth place you have Kathryn Plant on Blue Sky, in ninth place we have Cassie Nettles on Tickle Me Pink, in eighth place...

In second place we have Peyton Hoying on Royalty Beyond-"

I got Scott's last name?

"and first place and our congratulations to Emma Neil on Painted Chrome."

Emma and I turn to each other with big smile and the sound of her family and mine cheering loudly.

We exit the arena with our ribbons and dismount. Still holding our horses we hug each other in congratulations.

"You did amazing," I said.

"I did? Look at you, you got second place your first class at your first show."

"When is your next class," I ask.

"Umm I think 25," she says," what about you?"

"I wanted to ask you... Do you think I should do the pleasure class," I ask.

"Of course you did phenomenal when I taught you and you know what to do," she answers," you'll do fine, just sign up for novice pleasure."

I go with Emma to tie our horses to the trailer.

——————(After show day)

"Peyton you did so good," Kevin compliments.

"Thank you," I say.

"Yeah it was so much fun watching you and you look as if you were really enjoying it," Mitch said.

"I was. It was really fun and Emma said I can go ride whenever I want and that she is going to have her trainer teach us to jump the horses."

"Sounds exciting... just as long as you'll be careful," Kirstie says.

"Don't worry guys I'll be fine," I reassure.

A/N
Guys I am two chapter ahead in the book. They are very long filler chapters but they lead up to the main part so hang in there I promise it will get dramatic. Very dramatic.

Anyways I hope y'all like this chapter...

Suggestion~~~>

Something that makes you smile~~~>

Love y'all. Bye.