Chapter Four- The Cold

Jack laughed as Mark told him about some stupid things Matt and Ryan were getting themselves into. The streets were busy, as people walked to restaurants, or clubs as night set over LA. Jack's blue eyes dazzled vibrantly against the yellowish lights lining the streets of LA. Mark glanced over at Jack in the passenger seat of his black Jeep. The Irish man looked small in the large car, making Mark smile a little. Jack turned, catching Mark's deep brown eyes. He smiled brightly at his friend, and chuckled. Jack's chuckle warmed Mark's heart, making him smile even wider.

"God, I missed LA. Can we go to Disneyland? Please, Markimoo," Jack begged like a little kid, shaking Mark's arm gently.

Mark laughed, an attractive smirk on his dark lips. "Of course, Jackaboy."

Jack bounced in his seat like a gitty school girl, and turned his attention back out the window. They were in a neighborhood of beautiful, large homes. It was too dark out to see the front of Mark's house, the only light the coming from inside.

"Home, sweet, home," Mark mumbled, as he and Jack climbed out of the car. He went around to Jack's side and opened up the back seat door, swinging the green bag over his shoulder. "So what room do you want to stay in?"

"Will you let me carry my own bag, you doof!" Jack teased.

"No. You're my guest!" Mark smirked, walking across the path to his front porch.

"You'll be the death of me," Jack said dramatically.

Mark paused at his door, halfway through opening it up. "Hmm," he hummed, then pushed open the door.

"I'll stay in the guest room. The one next to the restroom I like."

"Why don't you stay upstairs? With me?" Mark asked, still walking forward into the dimly lit house.

"Haha. Very funny. Will you give me my bag, you arse?" Jack groaned.

"I like it when you call me names," Mark purred, turning to face Jack.

The air around them went cold, sending goosebumps over Jack's pale skin. In the shadowy darkness of the hall, Mark's eyes looked black. Something about the eerie feeling in the space between them seemed familiar.

"Mark? Are you okay?"

Mark cleared his throat, and looked away. "Yeah, of course. Come on, let's go take this to your room."

Mark led the way to the spare room, smiling and joking as usual. However, Jack couldn't brush aside the strange off and on behaviors Mark was experiencing. He couldn't shake away the cold feeling chilling his veins.

Sorry for the short update, promise more tomorrow.