Chapter Twenty Two- Fuck this mission.

Anti opened his eyes, not surprised that he was laying in the bed alone. He stood up and walked over to the half-open bedroom door. Before going any further, he looked down at himself, embarrassed by his own nudity. He could feel Jack in his head, shifting around uncomfortably. Anti disappeared downstairs, in Jack's bedroom, and slipped into some clothes. His body felt dirty, and he was in desperate need of a shower, but not yet. He needed to find Dark.

It wasn't a long search. Dark sat on the couch, his head in his hands. Anti stood for a moment, biting his lip, admiring Dark's strong back muscles. He was shirtless, but had on a pair of black basketball shorts. After a minute of silence, Anti cleared his throat, making Dark look up. He turned his head, meeting Anti's cruel eyes. Anti swallowed, caught off guard by Dark's sad gaze. Dark forced a small smile, and looked away, staring at the blank TV. 

"Dark, is something wrong?" Anti asked, his tone strangely gentle.

He was silent for a moment, then sighed, "I exist to ruin Mark's life. Because I hate him. You exist to protect Jack because you care for him...

"What are you saying, Dark?"

"We have a connection, yes?"

"Yes."

"But you are only here to rid of me. Because you- Jack- needs him back."

"Dark-"

"I love Jack. I don't mean to be so cruel to him, but it's the darkness inside me. It's too strong. I love you, Anti, only because you are part of Jack. The darkness in you attracts me."

"You love to easily," Anti sighed, walking over to Dark.

"That's my greatest weakness... I can feel Mark growing stronger. Anti, I don't want to go. I only want to love."

"Then, love," Anti said, sitting on the space beside Dark. 

He looked up into his eyes, confused. Anti brushed his fingertips over Dark's cheek, grinning. Not the wicked grin he usually wore, but a sincere, heart-warming grin. He leaned forward, brushing his lips over Dark's, making him shiver. 

"You can love me."

"But... Jack?"

"He can wait. Just a little longer..."

"Anti, you have a mission-"

"Fuck this mission!" Anti groaned, pressing his lips passionately against Dark's.

Dark melted against his touch, letting Anti push him back into the couch, crouching over his body, lips never parting. Anti could feel Jack inside him, giving in to the emotions swirling in Anti's mind. No matter how much he refused to admit it, Jack was desperately in love with Dark. Dark could feel Mark in his mind, sinking into the darkness. He was as attracted to Anti as Dark was. He liked seeing this new part of Jack. Wicked. Cruel. Aggressive. He didn't want to part from this creature just yet.

Dark kissed Anti gently, nestling his hands in his hair. Anti kissed him back with the same gentleness. 

"We can't be in control forever," Anti sighed.

"Why not?" Dark questioned, looking into Anti's glowing pupil.

"Because the world needs Jack and Mark. They are too important."

Dark stared into Anti's eyes, gut twisted nervously. He knew he was right, but he wasn't willing to let go of this world. Deep in his mind, he knew that Anti would have to kill him, but he didn't want to think about that now. Instead, he leaned up, kissing Anti's forehead.

Anti sighed. He knew he would have to rid Dark from this world, but not now. Now, he would cherish his kisses, as long as he could. He cupped his hand over Dark's cheek, staring deep into his glistening black eyes.

"I love you."

"I love you."