Special Chapter: Silent Night

Back to normal...

The cinnamon scented pine cones, and roasting coffee drifted through the house like a blanket of warmth. Mark lay on the sofa, with Chica stretched out across his legs and stomach. He ran his fingers through her silky, blonde fur, her deep brown eyes smiling up at him. He kissed her damp nose, and turned to look back up at the TV. Tyler sat on the floor, his back against the couch near Mark's feet, while Ethan was in the kitchen pouring each of them a cup of coffee. How the Grinch Stole Christmas was playing, bringing a smile to Mark's face. He loved watching it every Christmas.

Ethan walked over with three coffee mugs balanced in his skinny hands, "Here you go, guys."

"Thanks, Ethan," Mark whispered, ruffling the boys blue hair.

Ethan sat down in an oversized beanbag beside the couch, careful not to spill his coffee on himself.

"When are the boys coming over?" Tyler asked, and took a sip from his cup.

"Anytime now. I should probably get ready," Mark chuckled, and started to get up.

Chica shuffled on his lap, then hopped off of the couch. She immediately found a replacement, curling up beside Tyler, with her head on his lap. Mark walked towards the stairs, to get ready for his day out on the town with Bob, Wade, Ethan, and Tyler. They had decided to spend this Christmas, relaxing, and hanging out together. Mark gathered an outfit for the day, and tossed the clothes onto the bed. Then, he crossed his room to his bathroom. His phone buzzed on his dresser, drawing his attention away. He grabbed the phone, eyes lingering on the caller ID. He bit the inside of his cheek, then answered the call.

"Hello?" Mark said into the speaker, his deep voice humming into Jack's eardrums.

"Hh- hey, Mark. Merry Christmas," Jack said, smiling, even though no one could see the smile.

Mark could practically see Jack smiling on the other end of the line, making his lips twitch into a small grin. "Merry Christmas, Sean. What's up?"

"I- what are you doing?"

"Gonna get into the shower. The guys and I are going to the movies, then hang out and stuff."

Jack rubbed the side of his neck, staring out the cab window. "So you're in LA?"

"Yeah, we decided to have a Friendmas," Mark said, smiling.

Jack sensed his smile, making him chuckle. "Well, I'll see you later," Jack said quickly, and hung up.

"What?" Mark gasped, and looked down at his black screen.

His heart stuttered in his chest, butterflies swirling in his stomach. See you later. Was Jack serious?

Our boyfriend's coming home?

"Shut up, Dark," Mark whispered to himself.

He set his phone back down on the dresser, and walked back to his bathroom, the butterflies in his stomach making him lightheaded.

"Get a hold of yourself, Mark," he told himself, staring into the bathroom mirror. "It's just Jack. You've seen him plenty of times."

Not since the incident. Two days after the entire Dark and Anti thing, Jack went back home. He couldn't stay in LA. He had a life back in Ireland, that he couldn't just leave behind because of Mark.

I miss him.

"I miss him, too."

Mark stepped into the shower, washing away the drowsy feeling in his limbs, and Dark's voice in his head. Today was the day to be jolly, and he wasn't going to let the darkness in his mind fog his happiness.