Demons in Stormwind

Lothar had been surprised at how peaceful his minor furlough with the pestering Khadgar away from Stormwind. Nothing but modest leisure on his hands during the day he was absent. Attending to daily ritualistic duties of a King were nothing compared to the rabid and constant pestering from the boy about a varying aspect of chores Lothar took for granted when Medivh was Azeroth's Guardian. Not that he didn't see Khadgar as incapable or poorly fitted for the position, Lothar just found the recent months tiring with the same fretting worry over this dreams day in and day out.

Anticipating that his friend's worrisome issue would solve itself on the trip to Karazhan with the poor woman at the butt of his obsession, Lothar felt relieved knowing his kingdom might have a new weapon against the fel as well as it's new Guardian having his head screwed on correctly this time in this time of preparation for an inevitable war. Indulging in another morning of his small reprieve from Khadgar, Lothar decided on a steaming cup of coffee in one of the out laying rooms of the royal keep.

Still early for the city of Stormwind, it didn't stop their king from enjoying his hot brew, of course splashed with his favorite indulgence of irish cream manufactured only two garrisons over in Goldshire. Obviously others had a different intention of the King's peaceful morning. Thudding and a muffled bickering hit his ear and before Lothar even had to see the face, the King groaned at the hardly audible sound of Khadgar's voice coming from behind the door. Enthralled to see the door knob wiggle and budge, Lothar didn't get up to let his friend in with him. Instead only sipping on his coffee and listening to Khadgar struggle.

Reckoning that he had a few more minutes of quietness as Khadgar would have to wait for him to open the door, Lothar was shocked when a quiff of green smoke accompanied by a low thud from the keyhole occurred in place of the mage's normal struggle. The large oaken door swung open and Lothar was throughly taken back to see Fain standing in front as the culprit to pick the King's door.

"Lothar!" much less surprised that it was Khadgar who brush passed his locksmith calling for immediate attention.

"Why are you back so soon? You'd better have everything I asked for Khadgar- I don't-" Catching himself, Lothar's voice was a tad confounded but his face quickly reflected his tone. His eyebrows wrinkled and Lothar's green eyes shifted from his disheveled friend right to the woman standing behind him with what seemed to be soot smeared on her cheeks, hair unkempt with dirt all over her tunic and pants. Lothar didn't gawk much, actually he didn't know the last time his friend had actually taken the words from him but the wiry looking duo standing in front of him this early in the morning certainly left him puzzled.

"Look I can explain-" Khadgar, a fairly normal level of agitation for Lothar to deal with, incredulity surprised his king when he took Fain by the wrist and pulled her to the front of him. Presenting him to the King, Khadgar dishelved the left shoulder of her tunic and pushed it aside. Before Lothar could attest to this though he saw what was being shown to him, "This." Khadgar unveiled the torn up scars he'd cut into only a night before, "These seals aren't anything more than brands of Gul'dan's army."

"What?!" Lothar roared, slamming his fists onto the table as he rose in a flurry right into Fain's face.

"No no no not her!" Khadgar jerked Fain back by placing himself between the woman and Lothar, "She's just a victim of Gul'dan! I took the grub out of her that let Gul'dan track the warlocks! See!" Khadgar didn't remove his body between the two only turning slightly and running careful fingers over Fain's sealed wounds.

Doubtful, there wasn't a single muscle twitch in Lothar's face as he stared down the woman. Fain took a shaky breath but proceeded to push Khadgar out of the way. Dropping down to one knee, Fain knelt before the human and in a soft voice spoke, "I am a traitor to my people...I don't ask you to believe me but, please, at least allow me to tell you what I can before deciding to kill me."