The Prince and Princess

"Varian, Adariall, sit down now so help me-" freezing in their tracks both the ten year old boy and his twelve year old sister skidding to a stop near the furthest window in the dinning hall. Taria's brown eyes narrowed, deepening her threat to her children while pointing at their designated spots at the table.

"Listen to your mother little ones, she's an ornery one when she's tired," Lothar, with stein raised to his lips winked at his niece and nephew before taking a swig of beer.

"Teehee," snickering like fiendish hyenas the kids fluttered over to their uncles side pestering Taria for them to get to sit next to their uncle during dinner.

"Please mom, Varian got to sit next to uncle last time, its my turn!" Adariall a spitting image of her mother stuck out a pouty bottom lip while hanging off the edge of Lothar's chair arm. Of course the King offering no support whatsoever as he sipped at his beer and leaned back in the heavy wooden chair with little sprites teetering on either arm of his chair.

"I told you we have guests," Taria rubbed her temple having repeated the same thing what felt like a million times just in the past few hours.

"Mom we already know the mage and uncle go on missions," Adariall exacerbating her distress by groaning.

"We already know Sir Khadgar, mom!" Varian piping in as he turned around leaning against his uncles chair just as heartbroken as his older sister.

"The Guardian isn't the only one joining us tonight children," Taria tiring already of the long day moved past both kids and Lothar, discreetly flicking her brother in the back of the head with a side glare to him.

"But mom-" Both groaning in unison with broken hearted tones.

Lothar glanced over at his sister, one sliver of a hair from popping a blood vessel over the disturbed ritual of dinner time, "Your mothers right," Lothar set his beer mug down half drained and pushed away from the table, "Tonights guest is someone very very special, she can make green magic-"

"But we've already seen the magic tricks uncle-" Varian complained even as his mother divulged a nasty look at the children acting so erratically, a curse when the woman spent too much time away from her kids and the nannies were pushovers.

"Oh not like her magic," Lothar knelt down to their level. Holding out a hand the King traced a circle in his palm with both kids watching intently, "She can make entire villages and castles, monsters and dragons, all with just a flick of a wrist. She even made two of your mother before."

Wide eyed they looked over at their mother, who wore a smug grin as Lothar baited her kids with some little reward that would be for nothing just the illusion they'd behave, "That she has children, even your witty uncle couldn't tell us apart."

"Really??" Adariall looked amazed at her brother then back to her uncle, "Could she do us??"

"Can she make three of me!" Varian hopped up excitedly.

Adariall pushing her brother aside to ask Lothar for more, "No three of me I'm the oldest!"

Shrugging nonchalantly Lothar slowly stood back up, "I don't know, she might not even want to come with young adults acting like heathens."

"Where will she sit if you're both fighting over chairs?" Taria whimsically posing her question in a faked distraught tone while moving a few of the dinning chairs around.

Lothar frowned and nodded towards his sister with arms crossed over his tunic, "It would be a shame if I just had to let the Guardian know no one wanted to meet her and just went back home."

"No!" they cried out shaking both their heads wildly protesting the idea.

"We'll sit where you want!" Adariall announced.