Crushing Magic

Thunder with the clamor of the tram roiling towards Stormwind shook the tunnels walls as it entered the underground tunnel leading up to the city. Gulping down the lump in her throat Fain shifted anxious beside Lothar. All the guards surrounding them unaware of the shroud she wore in place of the real Lady Taria. Nerves getting the best of the young woman as the tinkers clock across the landing struck elven.

Less than ten minutes now.

Wrought over the trick failing Fain could hear her heartbeat in her skull. Baffled how Lothar stood beside her, not a muscle moving on his stone still figure. Her eyes darted sideways to him and Fain nervously tugged at the corner of her bottom lip.

"Queen's do not chew on their lips," Lothar spared her a soft aside, knowing none of the guards lingered close enough to hear them.

"We do not have queens, the role means what even..." Fain worried under her breath, fixated forward like the King as they waited.

"Act like a lady," Lothar murmured with a faint smile hiding on his lips.

"Roles of gender are nothing in our rankings..." Fain could feel the hairs on the back of her neck stand on end as the tram honked sounding its inevitable arrival.

"Jesus what do you people even do then," Lothar joking aside could feel his companion's anxiety radiating off of her. Another loud siren from the tram as it was less than two minutes away. Fain flinching with every call off. Sliding his hand unobtrusively against the middle of the woman's back, Lothar rubbed his thumb in small semi circles against her back and gave Fain a smile, "C'mon little monster, it's every girls dream to get to be queen." Fain's ridged figure slackened a bit into Lothar's touch but shot the man another look about to retort in her own perspective. Only to be too late as the clink and grinding of gears squealed under pressure and the tram trickled down to a stop in front of them.

Off stepped Athrikus first, smirking on those every dry thin lips. Darbel, Marez and Kalor trailing like an obedient flock as they stepped onto the tram's platform.

"And how did all of you enjoy the tour of Ironforge?" Lothar hailed the band of warlocks as they approached. Fain following his lead with a beaming smile at them all, terrified to be seen behind this charade.

"It was splendid! Who would have known such small beings harbor such large talent," Athrikus's hollow eyes lingered longer on Fain. Scared she was sweating right through the disguise of Taria and the plan would fail before it began. But it worked, he only smiled once and then all attention back on Lothar, "Do tell me they fight as well as they build dear King?"

"Our dwarven allies have proven time and time again to be able to take on more than most men would consider, we are all grateful to have them on outside," Lothar nodded and step to the side inclining his head towards the exit, "Hopefully you all aren't too tired after the escapade up north, our inquires about some old lore and scrolls have been found and I would desire to discuss what information could be used in this dire time."

"Our guardian brought back some interesting scrolls with your female warlock," Fain lied right through her teeth. Astonished more than anything Lothar starred at his sister's face but could only see Fain's expression as she lied right out to them.

"Are they back then?" Athrikus took the bait and looked on from both King and Queen.

"I'm afraid not," Lothar shook his head as he had done millions of times before when Khadgar irritated him, faking the gesture was almost too easy for the king.

"Fel was found at Karazhan and they were sent back with a small group of mages to do some cleaning up of the late Medivh's residence," Fain felt lighter on her feet, almost giddy as she starred right down her superiors all of them none the wiser.