Girl Talk

Droning her fingers over the oak table did nothing to aid in the on going spouting of her brother's sarcastic replies to the story Khadgar had regaled both of the royal family members with. Lady Taria smirked at the passing thought of the flustered young man but Lothar could't help his teasing and baiting of the mage even with a discerning look from his sister. It didn't stop him as he prodded at Khadgar for the enjoyment of it.

"And you didn't kiss her eh?" Lothar's lips peeled back in an even wider grin as Khadgar's face had changed more red shades than a chameleon probably knew.

"What?! No! What kind of insolent man do you think I am!?" Khadgar sputtered only giving Lothar more and more pleasure to taunt his much younger friend over his plain innocence in the situation.

"She obviously likes you," the king cocked an eyebrow at his mage and winked, "You like her don't you Khadgar?"

That didn't earn an answer, more of a vacant disregard of him entirely. Saved though when the attention in the room turned to Lady Taria receiving a notice from one of her hand maids. Both men looked over at the woman reclining at the small table but couldn't over hear the messaged being passed along.

"What is that about?" Lothar jutted his bearded chin to the maid leaving and the sequential rise of Taria from her seat.

"A queen has duties too brother," she spoke with the vague trace of a smirk on her lips as Taria moved past the squabbling men, "Not everything is reserved for the King to deal with, I was Queen before you took my dear husband's title."

"A King would know what the Queen is doing my dear sister," Lothar insisted as he turned to follow her out the door.

Feet planted in the door way firmly, Taria stopped her trailing brother with a hand. Disagreeing with a simple shake of her head, "You're my brother first Lothar." The exchange earned a deep eye roll to the back of his head but Lothar didn't continue knowing he had too much of a enjoyable job egging on his friend about earlier in his day.

"Fine," Lothar took the higher road and made sure his arms crossed over his chest showed his sibling his greater choice, "But don't be late for tonights meeting, it wouldn't be very queen like of you to spend time running errands and not attending such crucial meetings with the king."

It was Taria's turn to give her brother a satisfying eye roll. Turning on her heel she only returned his sass with a smug humph and shut the door behind herself without missing a step. Khadgar taking the reprieve from Lothar's torment but dreading Taria's departure. There was sparse hope now that even his Queen would shut her brothers pestering up about his encounter with Fain earlier.

Lady Taria wasn't one to keep secrets, it was unwise as a queen and there had never been many secrets between her and Lothar growing up. The maids request for her in her quarters was indeed a tender subject since it was Fain who was calling upon her. This perked her curiosity since the Queen got an ear full of Khadgar's rant from earlier in the day. Fain on the other hand no one had seen a trace of her after Khadgar stumbled in on her in the wash room of the keep. Taria was concerned what might have made her call on her but Lothar had already shared the knowledge she'd given him about this Shadow Council threat. There was little way Taria wasn't skeptical like her brother about this young woman's allegiance. Similar to Lothar's concern though, Taria was not about to chance her brother or her city in trouble to any enemy. Khadgar's trust was placed fully in this woman's venue and though Taria was reserved about it she still was always willing to see the good in people.

A soft wrap of her knuckles on the door and Taria announced her arrival as she entered her own room. Just as her hand maid spoke of, Fain sat like a tiny nat on the very edge of her bed near the foot. Taria couldn't help the smile cross her lips as Fain jumped up and quickly bowed as deeply as she could to the woman.