Little Talks

Lightly rubbing the soft supple fabric of the gown Khadgar was handed off, he glowered down at the nearly satin like feel of what was deemed 'casual' by the handmaiden who'd fetched the article for him. Turning the gown over in his hands, peaking at the v-neck, three quarter sleeves and subtle lace that trimmed both neckline and arms, Khadgar was beginning to figure worrying about the faint yet very feminine shade of pale rose was the least of the concerns with offering his warlock friend the dress and the dress only to wear.

Standing before the door Khadgar raised his left hand, hesitating momentarily before wrapping his knuckles against the oaken frame, "Come in." Fain's voice stifled behind the heavy door ushering him in. Though the man had been in the washroom with her only moments before, horrible flashes proceeding the last interaction he had with Fain in the wash tub days before and accidentally dousing the poor woman's face unannounced.

"I know you're not going to like this but..." entering through the slightly squeaky hinged door, Khadgar was head shy to show her what the women insisted she wear.

"It's a dress," Fain's blurb bypassing the color or femininity of the gown surprised Khadgar.

"Well, yes. Uh the handmaids insisted you wear what the Queen would like at dinner." He edged closer, waiting for the signal to go find something else to suit the image Khadgar assume Fain held.

Sunk down in the claw foot tub only the tops of Fain's shoulders and the rest of her neck leading up to her swept back wet hair and damp face were visible. Some suds clinging to her hairline around the woman's ears as Khadgar had come back mid face wash. Blonde eyebrows pinched a little and her slate eyes looked over the folded fabric in Khadgar's hands, "I'm supposed to wear a dress? Isn't that only for important people?"

"Huh?" Fain's concern caught Khadgar off guard, he'd prepped the entire walk back to the washroom to tussle with the spellcaster over color and lace not over the correlation of clothes to their wearer, "I mean, no? Women wear dresses."

"No, doesn't only the queen wear those type of things?" Fain shook her head disagreeing with him.

"What? No, heavens no, is that what you think only royalty wear fancy clothes?" Khadgar understood finally and was a little flabbergasted at her perception. Without pause and gown in hand he approached the tub. Producing the dress to the woman sitting in the tub Khadgar let the fabric unroll as he held it up to her, "It's what someone would wear if they were to say eat a meal with the Queen and King. But I persuaded the woman that you wouldn't stand anything too fancy."

Curious Fain scooted to the edge of the tub, hanging her arm over the side she leaned in examining the beautifully delicate seam work put into such an unpractical item, "Your kind wear this?" Fain looked from the dress up to the man holding it, "It's so...inefficient, you couldn't do anything wearing it."

"Well, its not battle armor my dear," Fain's ogling of the dress made a smile creep along the mage's red lips, "It's for pretty, not fighting."

Mouth a little agape her eyes returned to the man holding the gown, "....wouldn't it look bad on me?"

Speechless Khadgar's jaw dropped and he glanced at Fain in the tub, to the dress then to her, "Are you kidding me?!" Fain confused to his sudden outburst, "You would look radiantly gorgeous in this gown."

"Radiant huh?" a dusting of pink scurried on Fain's cheeks even as she sunk back into the tub trying to hide her blush, "...would you like it if I wore it?"

Khadgar had been folding up the gown, sure she was sold to at least try it on, when her quiet inquiry sprung on him without warning, "Well...I mean," self-conscious on how to answer her, Khadgar took his time with his back to her. Setting the gown down neatly on the marbled counter top. Fluffing it up and making the corners of the folded gown crisp and pristine. Holding out on his answer Khadgar could feel Fain's eyes burrowing into the back of his head the longer he didn't answer.