A Magi's Virginity

A sharp thunk jostled Fain bringing all the pain suddenly in one wallop. Aching thuds repetitiously hammering the inside of her skull. While the increasing pain behind her eyes extorted her senses before they fluttered open to the glaring light above her. Frantic faces overlooking her, Fain watched in a surreal third person as Khadgar and Taria rushed around. Fain's vision a hollow tunnel facing the ceiling until the mage rolled her torso into his lap up off the hard wood floor. The warmth of Khadgar's palm against her cheek as Fain's head lolled to one side in his lap, disorientated and unable to focus.

Across from her not but an arms length away Taria slouched over Lothar's unmoving body. Blinking rapidly to force her vision to focus, everything came rushing back to the woman about their fight and narrow escape from Athrikus. At that moment her body reconnected to the world and the first thing Fain could discern was the hysterical crying of Taria calling to Lothar as she tried to rouse him along with Khadgar's same panic-stricken voice calling to Fain. His hands roaming and brushing all over the woman's face as he tried to elicit some sort of response.

"Fain, Fain wake up! C'mon I know you're there wake up-" Khadgar repositioned Fain gently on the ground. Hovering not inches away from her face as the mage distraught over her lack of response, combed his fingers through her hair, cupped her cheek and jostled her shoulders best he could to wake her.

"Lothar's not waking up either! Khadgar, what do we do?!" Taria, tears streaming down her flawless cheeks slapped lightly on her brothers cheek calling out to him over again in the hopes for anything.

"I don't know- I, I can't heal I don't know what happened I-" chaotically going from one bad thought to the next all Khadgar could think was neither of them would wake up. Cupping his hand under the back of her head, Fain could hear them but only from afar under gargling water. Nothing in her would budge even unsure if her chest was rising and falling with breath.

The gentle hand holding Fain's head up slightly relaxed, the mage's other hand coming up to touch the woman's cool cheek. Dread growing in his gullet Khadgar felt at a lost as neither stirred. Taria's crying for her brother drawing out the worst in the man as he couldn't hide the tears welling in the corners of his eyes. Ashamed to be so weak Khadgar bowed his head down and pressed his forehead against Fain's while his fingers entwined with the hair at the back of her neck.

One ample tear escaped past his dark lashes, trickling down the bridge of his nose where it only hung around for meer second before making the jump off only to splash lightly on Fain's pale cheek, "Please...wake up-" voice cracking, powerless to keep it down Khadgar sensed the lump in his throat making it's way up. Leaning only the few centimeters forward his lips met her's in a tender exchange, all Khadgar could do to choke his tears down. Kissing her timidly while more tears rolled off his hairy cheeks, dotting her face here and there with salty droplets, "Don't make this the last...Fain, please...don't make last night be all...please..."

Clamoring to rid her senses of this disconnect Fain screamed internally feeling his lips move in a hushed whisper against hers. Dying to tell him what she'd done and how her fleeing the night before had nothing to do with him. Screaming and writhing Fain was unabolished as it all came crashing into her.

Unanticipated lurch while she regained control over her body caused Fain to head butt Khadgar right in the lip. The man gasped with the pain to his lip from her front teeth but it was all for nothing as Fain through her arms around his shoulders and smashed lips right back onto his.

"Lothar!" Taria yelped as the King's body jerked mindlessly as Fain's first did but only to be wrapped up into his sisters tiny arms.

Dazed Lothar wobbled a bit unable to reconnect quickly at first. Fain though squeezing her arms around Khadgar's wide shoulders fighting the urge to pull away and breath until she absolutely needed to. His big brown eyes watery along his lashed, both magic users starred at one another for a stupidities sake before that goofy smile broke on Khadgar's pouty lips and Fain crumbled all at once.