Turmoil

Taking the longest route towards the barracks Khadgar had been calling home for the past year, the duo didn't speak much as they strolled through the night. Almost all of it not a single word past their lips until Khadgar stopped them in front of the twin doors that led into his housing unit. It was a somber walk together as neither could think of what to say exactly once they stopped.

Rocking slightly back and forth on his feet Khadgar reached up and tousled his dark hair nervously not making any eye contact with Fain, "Well...I should go make sure I have everything in order for tomorrow." He stumbled on his words finally meeting her light blue eyes.

What stirred in Fain the entire promenade from the royal keep was her rising dread that she wouldn't be able to do what she needed to just to insure she could stay in Stormwind. Arid and parched for even the slightest drip of saliva in her mouth, Fain took in a breath that swelled her chest and looked to the mage, "Khadgar I- I have to tell you about staying here- I-"

His yearning attention to every word out of her mouth caused anxiety to flood Fain's mind. Harsh humming in her ears as she tried to disregard his prying eyes and address her turmoil. Khadgar's brown eyes didn't move off her face and Fain sensed her words choke up before she could even form a sentence. Every rehearsed word she thought on their walk fled her mind and Fain stood loosing grips over the mounting dread. It became more and more apparent she would let the moment slip and tomorrow's outcome of her being banished was sealed. There was nothing the woman could do to push herself even with Lady Taria's words echoing in her skull.

Floundering for a second more Fain lurched forward and mashed her lips onto his. Khadgar caught her sudden movement with a slight teeter but wrapped his arms around her rapidly. Pressing back hard into the awkward kiss as his larger lips over took hers. Fain looped her arms around the back of his neck and felt her body slope into his. Curling her fingers in the hair at the back of his head the woman couldn't tell if it was her hot breath on their lips or his as the space between them became minute. Khadgar squashed his bigger frame into hers and Fain returned with a fluttering minuscule moan against his lips. Liking the new sudden taste on her lips when she whimpered, Fain sheepishly parted her lips in the kiss only inviting her tongue to graze the mans pouty bottom lip.

Met with just as much clumsy excitement Khadgar's lips surrendered almost immediately as his tongue met Fain's half way. Wrestling for no sense of dominance, she couldn't get enough of how he tasted on her lips. The shooting sensations racing through her body and involuntary noises they both made as their embrace only became tighter and the kissing more heated. It wasn't until neither of them could breath that they needed to part just to suck in a breath of air.

"I.." Fain started, mortified at her impulse. The cold night air hit her lips where she could still taste him. Khadgar standing muddled trying to register what had happened. He gripped as Fain pulled away but he was too late when she eluded his hands and took one large step back, "I- I'm sorry I-"

"No Fain-" Khadgar reached out to her but the woman shrunk away from him. He could see the panic behind her eyes as they shot up past him and too the moon lit sky above them, "Fain we don't- No not like that-"

Struck with fearful nerves the young woman shied away from Khadgar with every word that left his mouth. The mixture of things she was feeling overwhelmed her senses and Fain couldn't decipher what to do. In one huff the woman turned on her heel and sprinted away from the mage. Fain could barely hear Khadgar calling to her as she lost herself in the dark of Stormwind's side streets.