Christmas at the Weasley's

The next day dawned bright and sunny, but still impossibly cold. Despite herself, Hermione couldn't help but feel a thrill of excitement when she realized the snow had stuck and that it was a white Christmas.

There were gifts piled at the foot of her bed, but she didn't feel like opening them alone, so she gathered them into her bag and crossed the hall to the room Harry and Draco were sharing. They had put Narcissa up in the small guest room. Tonks and Alianore had slept on cots in the sitting room, though Hermione assumed the two of them were long gone by now. Helping Uncle Remus recover from the transformation. Padfoot usually handled it, but with his injuries it was all he could do to climb the stairs to his bedroom in the evening. They'd built a special room in the Marauder's Academy just for him. She'd hopefully see them all later at the Burrow.

A quiet knock on the boys' door got Harry shouting out, "Come on in! We're decent!"

She entered and instantly felt warmth and happiness spread through her, mixing with the thrill of excitement from earlier. The room was virtually unchanged from before Draco joined Harry. Though the bed had been magically transformed so that the canopy had become an upper bunk for Draco.

There just wasn't room for two individual beds.

Hence why Draco had climbed down and was sitting cross-legged at the foot of Harry's bed as the two of them opened the presents that

Harry was near the head, propped up against his pillow, so she plopped herself in the middle and began pulling gifts out of her bag.

She noticed that most of Draco's gifts were wrapped in the snitch bedecked paper Padfoot had bought, though there was one wrapped in Mrs. Weasley's home-charmed paper. The Ws kept rolling around to form Ms, which Hermione thought was a nice touch.

"Happy Christmas," she said as he tore into her own Weasley gift. A lovely jumper of-

She paused and stared at it in surprise and a bit of shock.

It was BLACK! And it had flames on the front, with what looked like an egg resting among them.

"What the..."

"I'm going to guess one of the Weasley's let slip to her our nicknames," Harry said ruefully as he held up a midnight blue jumper with a pair of antlers on the front.

"That doesn't explain mine. Or why I even have one."

And, indeed, Draco was holding up his own Weasley jumper. This one was Slytherin green (Which shocked Hermione quite a bit!) and had a silver dragon.

Mrs. Weasley had never knit such elaborate sweaters before. And the wool was a much higher quality than normal.

"There's a note," she said, pointing to small piece of parchment that had fallen onto Draco's lap.

He picked it up and scanned it, his eyebrows rising up his forehead as he did so.

"She's apologizing, says she has only been working on it for the past two days and that if it's a bit rough around the edges, she'll ensure the next one isn't."

Harry chuckled, "I guess you're part of the family now, we better get you a coin."

Hermione nodded and jumped off the bed. When she came back a few moments later Draco was still looking stunned and a bit overwhelmed, but he had put the jumper on over his borrowed pajamas.

His room had been above the dining room at Malfoy Manor. Not much of his wardrobe had survived the blast Hermione had sent at the ceiling. So he was borrowing Harry's things until they could safely make a trip to Diagon Alley.