Couple of Pairs

Hermione moaned as Draco's tongue flicked across her neck. Her fingers twisted in his robes and pulled their bodies closer together. He responded by rubbing his hips against hers as his hands tangled themselves in the bottom of her school blouse, ensuring that she didn't pull away. His thumb slipped and brushed against her skin. She tensed but didn't pull back.

She trusted him not to do anything she didn't want to do. He understood her limits.

Time slipped away again after that. Nothing existed but his lean frame against her. By the time they pulled apart their robes were in disarray and both of them were panting heavily.

He smiled down at her. "I missed you."

She felt embarrassed and looked away. "We were only apart for one class. And we're always connected by the chain."

"Point. But you don't let me chat with you when we're in class. And I can't do this either." He reached out and pulled her back against him as his mouth swooped to capture hers. She didn't protest. Her hands slipped under his shirt, moving across the smooth skin there. He groaned when one of her fingers slipped below the top of his pants.

Just an inch.

But it was an inch she'd never before explored.

And they'd done a lot of exploration over the past few weeks.

Things were quiet in Hogwarts. Mcgonagall was running the school, with the approval of the Ministry. Narcissa had rejoined Aunt Andy for their optional Magical Etiquette Seminars at Hogwarts. The Marauder's Academy had seen a huge upsurge in applicants, especially for their basic defense classes offered on the weekends. Hermione had written a few short articles, but nothing too important. She'd even kept using the pen name. Much as she hadn't liked it at first, something about it had felt truly right.

Draco found that hilarious, though he'd smartly tried to hold his laughter in around her.

Scrimgeour was still running the Ministry with the full support of the Magical population of Great Britain. Funerals for all of those lost in the Battle of Malfoy Manor had been scheduled.

Narcissa had collected her husband's body, but was waiting to hold the funeral until Draco could attend.

No students were leaving Hogwarts for the funerals. Scrimgeour claimed it was too much of a security risk and the Order members seemed to agree as none of them had protested.

Harry had been upset by that, as he wanted to attend Dumbledore's funeral in Godric's Hollow.

Hermione could understand, but she also thought keeping Harry safely at Hogwarts was the best decision. The more she thought on it, the more sure she was that Voldemort had been behind charging all of the aurors with treason. Fudge was an idiot, but not that much of an idiot.

Her attention was abruptly brought back to Draco when she suddenly found herself lifted and sat on one of the desks. She gasped and tightened her hands on his hips.

"What-"

His mouth cut off her words and she mentally shrugged, allowing herself to be lost once more in his embrace.

Yes, things were going well, leaving them lots of time for exploration.

She wrapped her legs around his waist and pulled him in tighter, moaning as his hands tangled themselves in her hair.

Might as well take advantage of it.

XXX

Luna held up the latest copy of the Quibbler and turned it upside down, frowning in annoyance.