A Real Date

Hermione's fake galleon gave a light buzz in her robe pocket as she was walking down to breakfast.

No one else was with her as Ron was conducting an early morning quidditch practice and Neville was still sleeping down in the Slytherin Common Room.

The twins had sent her a message last night saying they had collected Ollivander and that he was being very quiet on the topic of the Death Stick, though he said there was a very old rumor that the continental wandmaker, Gregorovitch, had once been in possession of the wand. Fleur, Bill, Alianore and Tachiki had proceeded to take a quick trip to the continent in order to locate the retired Gregorovitch.

It had been Narcissa's idea to send them, as all of them had family on the continent, which would hopefully stop any of Voldemort's spies from watching their movements too closely.

The twins had also finally shared how they had linked the coins to the journals - making them very similar to a muggle pager they had heard about on a research expedition into muggle London.

It had been Hermione's idea, years ago, to look to muggles for inspiration. Like with the lightning stick, the buzzing coin was proving very useful.

Hermione walked casually into the nearest girls' bathroom and slipped into a stall. A quick spell transfigured the toilet seat into a real seat and she sat down to pull out her journal.

Forge: Phoenix your a bloody psychic. death mark found over ollivanders shop

Gred: news isnt out yet but kingsley told us. place was ransacked and they tried to burn it

Forge: but olli had strong fireproof wards. place is just singed.

Gred: no one knows olli wasnt there. they think he was kidnapped

Hermione's heart was pounding in her chest as she read the twins' words. If she hadn't had the epiphany yesterday...

Phoenix: what about Gregorovitch? any news?

Gred: no nothing yet

Forge: buzz u when we hear something

The page grew blank a moment later as they wiped it of words.

If Draco hadn't said anything about wands...

Her hands were shaking a bit as she closed the journal and slipped it back into her bag. The harsh bathroom light illuminated the words on the back of her hand.

I must respect authority.

Authority.

Who truly had authority?

Narcissa said she and Padfoot could control Scrimgeour, that they could deal with him later.

That meant, currently, the Order controlled the legal authority of the country. But they also were still working underground.

Hiding Ollivander - both from the Ministry and the Death Eaters.

They couldn't trust the Ministry. They couldn't respect them. Not with the way things were.

She couldn't relax. She couldn't grow complacent. Umbridge being gone from Hogwarts and dead was not the true end goal.

No.

She wanted to make a world where one COULD respect authority.

And to do that she needed to finish her school years, help destroy Voldemort, eliminate people like Bellatrix, and-