Chapter 22

Yang's p.o.v

"Mom..." tears welled up in my eyes and I felt my anger coming. Her expression changed from sad to serious. "It was for a good reason Yang. And you are not going to know that reason, even if it kills me" She stood up and looked down at me.

"Why did you save me?" I said while my anger grew a little. She sighed and walked away from me. "I saved you only because you were in need. That's it" she said as she closed a door. I finally took in my surroundings and found that I was in a room.

Broken glass was everywhere and there seemed to be picture frames scattered. I stood to my feet and walked around the room. It was pretty dark, the only light coming from the window and broken roof. By the window was a dresser and across from that was a bed. There was a nightstand next to the bed with a broken lamp. There was a closet with clothes and shoes scattered around. It all just seemed so...familiar.

Where have I seen this room? I sat on the small bed and closed my eyes, trying to remember why this room was so familiar. I groaned in frustration when I couldn't find any memories. I stood and walked over to a pile of broken pictures. I picked one up and stared at it closely.

There was a woman with black hair smiling as she looked down. I tried to see what the woman was smiling at but the glass was broken. I looked closer and saw that this picture was ripped in half, as if someone didn't want anyone to see the other half.

My eyes widened and I quickly took out my wallet, that somehow didn't fall, and took out all my pictures. There it is! I took out a picture of my dad smiling at the camera while putting his hands on something. I looked at the broken picture then the picture of my dad.

I broke the rest of the glass and took out the picture. I slowly put the pictures together and saw what it really was. It was a picture of dad putting his hands on the side of the hospital bed while mom was laying down holding...me.

That's where I've seen this room.

Flash back

"Daddy! Daddy! Where are we going!?" he chuckled as he continued walking with a box full of stuff. "We're moving sweetheart! We wouldn't want your mother to find you" he mumbled the last part. "What was that daddy?"

He looked at me and smiled. "Nothing sweety, now get in the car so we can go alright" I nodded my head and got in the back seat. I waited for a while then he came in.

"You ready Yang?" I smiled widely and nodded. "Yeah let's go!" he laughed and sped off. I fell asleep on the way there and woke up to dad shaking me.

"Come on Yang, we're here" I sleepily got out of the car and walked with dad towards a big house. "Welcome to your new home" he opened the door and I was amazed. There were lights and pictures everywhere.

There was even a fireplace and by that was a leather couch. I smiled and ran in the house. "Your room is upstairs, come on" I took dad's hand and walked with him to my room. "Now, I know how much you like yellow so..." he opened the door to reaveal my room.

The walls were a light yellow. There was a bed with orange pillows and yellow bed sheets. The dresser across from the bed was out lined with red but was also yellow. I smiled and jumped on the bed.

"I love it daddy!! Thank you! Thank you!! Thank you!!" I yelled while hugging his leg. "Anything for my princess" he said with a kind smile. "Oh here" he picked in his pocket then pulled out a picture.

"This is me, if you ever get lost around here or something happens to one of us, just remember what I look like" he handed me the photo and I smiled. "I will daddy"

End of flash back

I thought about that day. How I was six years old and Ruby was four. Summer and her soon moved in after me and dad fixed up the house more. I smiled as I remembered how Ruby would always come in my room whenever she heard a noise.

Then it happened. I don't know what happened first, the bombing or the attack, but it happened so fast. Summer and dad fought off grim while me and Ruby hood with Uncle Qrow. There was a lot of White Fang members fighting with grim.

And then...she was gone. Summer had taken her last breath. I tried to hold Ruby back but I didn't have a good enough grip on her. I watched in fear as she ran towards Summer's body yelling for her to wake up. She never did.

There was a grim running towards her and I took action. That's how I figured out my semblance. I ran to the grim, yelling, and punched it as hard as I can. With that one blow, I killed it. I continued fighting grim while Ruby cried on the ground, thinking her mother was still alive.

"Do you remember?" my head snapped towards the doorway to see mom standing there. I didn't answer her. She sighed, "I'll take you back. Get your things ready" I nodded and looked back at the picture.

"And Yang?" I continued to stare at the picture. "When we meet again, we have a lot to talk about" I put the picture in my wallet along with the others and stood up. I looked at her and nodded. "I'm ready"

Within a second, she vanished and I was in a different room. I looked around and saw it was my room. Ruby was sleeping on my chair by the window while Blake slept on my bed.

I walked over to Ruby and picked her up, walking her to her room. I layer her down gently and wrapped her in her blankets. She stirred a little and I smiled. I leaned down and kissed her head while whispering "I love you".

I closed her door quietly and walked back to my room. Blake was sitting up in bed when I closed the door. "Yang?" She asked while rubbing her eyes. "Shhh, go back to sleep baby" I said while laying with her. She nodded and layed back down.

I kissed between her kitty ears and wrapped an arm around her waist. She purred softly and soon fell asleep. I on the other hand couldn't sleep. I felt as if someone was watching me.

I looked around the room and found a black feather on my nightstand. I quietly stood up and grabbed the feather. I smiled and shook my head.

She really does care.