Chapter Fifteen: Bears, Lost Children and Shopping Trips

"You have exactly five seconds to get you lazy ass out of bed before I get the jug." 

There could only be one person in the entire world who would say something like that to me. Holly. I groaned turning around and burying my head into my pillow.

“Okay, you asked for it.” I heard, her retreating footsteps as she walked into my bathroom turning on the tap. A few moments later she returned. “Okay Alice, don’t complain saying I didn't warn you…” She said, ripping my blanket off me.

She wouldn't...Would she?

I gasped. Feeling cold water down my neck and seeping through my pajamas and down the back of my shirt. I shot up from my bed, only to have my legs tangled with my sheets landing on the floor with a big thud.

“Holly? What the fuck?” I hissed.

I hardly swear and when I did, it meant I was pissed. And I was big time.

“What? I told you not to blame me! You knew I was getting the jug!”

“I knew that! But I didn't actually think you would have the guts to actually pour cold water on me at…” I looked at the digital clock resting on my bedside. “Seven o’clock in the morning!” I growled.

She shrugged. “Alice after seventeen years of knowing me, were you really surprised that I spilled water on you? You from all people should know better than that.”

I narrowed my eyes at her. “Why are you here?” I said, my teeth clattering together, due to the cold water down my backside.  

“Get dressed we have to pick up Sarah then we’re heading to the mall, it was a while since our last girls night out.”

I groaned. “Do we have to? It’s the middle of the week! And If I do remember clearly we have school.”  I said, standing up and picking up the sheets that were on the floor after my fall out of bed.

“I do remember.” She retorted back at me. “I also remember that Sarah is the final round of the talent show. That means we need to get her a brand new outfit, we have to outshine that slut.” She said, referring to Ashley.

“Do we have to?” I whined, stomping my feet childishly.

Holly nodded her head. “You have ten minutes to get dressed and meet me downstairs. I am going to try to get Marco to make me some food.” She said, turning around and walking towards the door.

“Holly?” I called out, to her.

“Yes?” She said, turning around to face me before she left the room.

“There’s a little flaw in your plan. It’s a Wednesday, my parents will never let me miss a day of school considering I already missed Monday.” I told her smirking.

“I am one step ahead of you my dear cousin. I already asked your mom and she said sure, she even gave me her debit card and told me to go crazy.” She said, giving me a quick wink before sauntering out of the room.

I let out a groan. “Thanks a lot mother.” I muttered, to myself and walking into the bathroom to get out of these wet clothes.

*

“This is so good Marco.” I walked into the kitchen to the sounds of moaning.

That sounded so wrong.

My eyes scanned the dining room, where my whole family and Holly were sitting and eating. “Slow down there, you’re like a human vacuum cleaner.” I joked to Holly who in return glared at me.