Chapter Forty: Gavin "The Idiot" Storm

Chapter Forty: Gavin “The Idiot” Storm

“So I was thinking even though we didn’t have a proper family vacation, like we were supposed to during the Spring Break. I am thinking that we should have one, even though it wasn’t a break since your father was working during the holidays.” My mother explained.

“The President never takes a holiday, I have a country to run after all.” My dad answered.

We were currently having breakfast before I would head off to school. Things were starting to go back to normal and Ben was back into his usual routine of picking me up, since his sling was now removed and his arm that was shot was now doing a lot better.

“Good morning, parents!” I lifted my head from my froot loops cereal, as my brother skipped into the kitchen a huge smile on his face.

“Good morning Thomas…” My mom replied, slowly. Her brown eyes did a quick scan of Thomas head to toe, “Are you feeling alright?” She asked, sounding worried.

“I am feeling fine. Why you may ask?” Thomas questioned, taking a seat next to me.

I looked at Thomas curiously, “O-okay…”

Thomas just nodded his head, turning to face me. “Good morning my dear older sister. How are you this morning?” He asked, his light eyes looking at me in happiness.

“Good…” I said, slowly. Thomas was never this happy and it was starting to worry me, because Thomas was not a morning person. Much like the rest of the country who prefers to sleep in, he was usually cranky. So Thomas being happy was weird, for all of us.

“Okay Mr.” My dad said, closing his newspaper and setting it down next to his plate of eggs. “I want to know what antique you broke and how.”

“I didn’t break anything,” Thomas said, lifting up his spoon and digging into his Honey Nut Cheerios.

“Then why are you so happy?” I questioned.

“Because, today I get to meet Alice’s boyfriend.” He said, beaming.

I choked onto my cereal that was in my mouth, coughing. My dad’s eyes just widened in shock. “Alice’s what?” He asked, flabbergasted. “You have a boyfriend?” My father questioned, the same time my mom let out a squeal.

“Oh God, this is so exciting! When did he ask you out? How did he ask you out? Oh my God, I am going to be a grandmother and have beautiful grand babies.” My mom said, a bright smile on her face.

I just looked at my mother in shock, my mouth opening and closing repeatedly. “W-what? I am not dating anyone,” I said, turning my attention to my father who let a sigh of relief. “And that’s gross mom.” I said, to my mom shuddering.

My mom just rolled her eyes, “You are bound to start a family one day, Alice.”

I faked gagged, I then turned to Thomas who seemed to be enjoying his breakfast even though it was only a bowl of cereal. “I think I am finished with my cereal.” I said, getting up from my chair. “And I think Thomas is done with his too.”

“I am not done with my cereal, Alice. What are you talking-" He started off, before I grabbed his arm, yanking him out of his chair and pulling him out of the breakfast room.

I ignored the protests coming from my younger brother as I ignored his pleas to let him go. A few moments he settled down muttering under his breath, about how breakfast was the most important meal of the day.

I rolled my eyes, passing the guards who were just looking at us strangely. More so than usual.

“Hey, Danny! Will, how you doing? Jamie, did you get a haircut?” Was all the questions Thomas asked, the guards as we passed them. As we passed more guards on the way upstairs he kept saying hi to each one of them, as well as knowing each of their names of each guard that we passed.