Chapter Thirty-Three: James vs. Storm

“What?” I said touching my cheek, “Is there something on my face?”

“What?” Garrett asked looking confused.

“Pardon?”

“Pardon?” He said repeating after me.

“Are you copying me?” I asked crossing my arms and narrowing my eyes at the little boy, a small smile on my face.

“Are you copying me?” He repeated, smiling showing off his two front missing teeth.

“What happened to your teeth?” I asked leaning across the table and looking at the four year old in wonder.

I let out sigh. I hope this doesn’t continue because I am definitely not in the mood to deal with this the whole time. “How about this, if you stop copying me I will buy you the all you can eat pancakes. Does that sound like a deal?” I asked the little boy.

He crossed his arms, a small pout appearing on his face. “Can I get some syrup?”

I nodded my head, smiling. For a four year old boy he was smart I had to give him that, maybe it was because he was siblings with Gavin. Nevertheless, this boy knew how to get his way and it was pretty adorable in my opinion.

I opened up my menu, scanning the items to see what drinks we could order. “Excuse me,” I said raising my hand and calling the boy who just walked past me. “Waiter?” I said calling upon him again.

He turned around looking straight at me, then coming towards me. “Yes?” He asked.

“Can we order?” I asked politely closing my menu and grabbing the one that was placed in front of Garrett and placing them in a pile.

The boy nodded his head, he looked around my age. He had short blonde hair and green eyes that stood out, he was pretty cute in my opinion but wasn’t really my type.

“What would you like to order?” He asked looking down at his notepad and back at me.

“We will take two all you can eat pancakes and two large chocolate milks.” I wasn’t sure if Garrett was going to finish the food or the large chocolate milk I got him. But if worse comes to worse, I could just finish it.

“Sure is that all?” He asked placing his notepad and pen back into his pocket.

I nodded my head, looking at Garrett who had his fingers in his mouth and attention was out the window. “Yeah, that would be all. Thanks.”

He nodded his head, looking at me curiously. “Is there something on my face or something?” I said feeling my face to see if there was any dirt or anything.

The blonde boy chuckled, shaking his head. “You’re that new kid. The one Gavin and Ben are fighting for.”

I knitted my eyebrows in confusion. “Pardon, me?”

He shook his head, “Never mind. I will be back with your meal shortly.” He said nodding his head at me and walking away.

“Hey!” I called out to him, but it looked like he didn’t hear me because he kept walking. I made a mental note when the boy came back with our food to ask him what he meant by that.

“Ali?” I heard someone say, “Oh, thank God.” I turned around and saw Gavin looking at me, in relief. He came up to me shoving me towards the wall of the booth as he made room for himself beside me.

“What are you doing here?” I asked him, ignoring the urge to strangle him for shoving me like that. I told him that Garrett and I were going out for ice cream, this was the last place I thought he was to look.