Chapter 11

"Okay, let me get one thing straightened out. Why on Earth would you name your kid after Snivellus?" I demanded, trying to lighten up the conversation, but also REALLY wondering his dumb name choice.

"Yeah, mate, that's a pretty terrible choice if you ask me." Past Ron muttered. Past Harry agreed silently.

"It's a really long and complicated story, but trust him. He's working for us, and putting his life in danger for you every day. I promise." Harry sighs, rubbing his face. Ginny wraps a comforting arm around his waist, and smiles.

"Harry, what do you know about the prophecy?" Remus asks uncertainly.

A few other people around the table nodded and gazed at future Harry curiously.

"The prophecy, in all honesty, is not all that important. It just basically said that one has to die, either me or Voldemort-"

Molly Weasley shuddered at the name, spilling her tea over the table. Arthur went to help clean it up, but froze at his future daughter's harsh words.

"Mother. Voldemort is dead in our time and it's a huge insult to those who fought and who died, and especially Harry, to still be afraid of the name."

Harry rubbed his wife's arm and mumbled "Gin, relax. They don't know, remember?" She sighs and mutters an apology to her mother, while the rest of the table looks on rather astonished.

"Anyways, it's either me or him, and I had to be the one to kill him. We had already suspected such, which is why the prophecy didn't matter much other then a confirmation."

It looked like Mad eye was about to speak up, probably ask more about the war, but it was then that Teddy busted back in, eyes wild and splatters of pink in his hair.

"I hate to ruin your reunion Harry, but you should really get back out here."

Harry immediately rose to his feet, practically running for the door and growling about how he couldn't ever catch a break. Ginny was hot on his heels, as were Ron and Hermione.

The living room looked like a battlefield. But instead of spells being launched across the room, they were beams of brightly coloured paint. Streaks of reds, greens, blues, pinks and violets were painted across walls and children. Lily ran over and jumped into Harry's arms, her entire face covered in gold and her arms splattered in purple.

"Daddy look it's so pretty!" she exclaimed, spinning around to admire the new decor.

"JAMES!" Ginny screamed, searching for her troublemaking son amongst the crowd of children.

"Mom I promise this one's not on me!"

"He's right, it was actually Freddy this time around." Teddy grumbled, looking exasperated.

Ginny looked ready to scream again, but she was interrupted by a stream of yellow hitting her directly in the face. Suddenly, everyone fell silent. Even the past generation seemed to understand the silent message. No one ever hits Ginny Potter with anything.

Future Harry hid in the corner, trying to control his laughter. But after several seconds, Ginny heard and whipped around to face him.

HARRY JAMES POTTER! I WILL GET YOU FOR THAT!" All the kids started chanting some version of his name, whether it be dad, or Uncle Harry, or just Harry, and Ginny ran after him. It took about three seconds for everyone else to join in, and once again there was arcs of colours shooting in every direction.

It was almost an hour later before everyone collapsed on the floor, unable to keep going.

"Dad." James panted, searching for Harry.

"Yeah?" He replied, out of breath as well, and looking the worst out of all of them. When Ginny swears revenge, she knows no mercy.

"I think we should redecorate like this back home." Roxy giggles and nods, showing off her blue teeth where she was hit in the mouth.

"Tell you what James." He laughs, and everyone looks on in interest. "If you stay out of Minerva's office for a week, i'll let you invite your entire year over to redecorate."

James frowned. "A weeks a really long time dad, what about like a day. One whole day without any Mischief?" Ginny snorted.

"I told you he'd never be able to."

"Hey! Minnie would miss me after a whole week she wouldn't know what to do with herself!"

Professor Mcgonnagal laughed, shaking her head at the troublemaking boy sitting across the room from her.

"I'm sure I would, young Potter."

"You would! You told me once during our ninth straight hour of detention that the only reason you keep me around is because deep down, you actually find me rather entertaining!"

Now Mcgonnagal was smiling deeply at the boy, while everyone else was in hysterics. Harry couldn't help but look around, slightly weirded out by the older him, but completely in love with his family, and was unable to keep the grin from stretching across his face.

A/N

Slightly shorter but i'm keeping the updates coming. This chapter started out kinda heavy but I hope I made up for it in the end :)
YOU GUYS ARE SO AMAZING!! I received so many sweet comments about this book and it really means a lot. And over 2000 reads!! I love you all so much.