Prologue

Prologue

Seven Years Ago

"Black team scores another goal! They are on fire today!"
"But the white team immediately scores back!"
"Today's Inter High Finals is definitely one intense game, as expected from the two powerhouses, Teiko Middle School and Karasuno Middle School!"

The commenters said as the intense game went on. The huge gym was filled with people, all cheering for their favourite team as they watched the game. Everyone was going wild as the game continued.

And sitting in front of a small television screen was a wide eyed, blue haired boy, who was watching the game in awe.

*****

The next day, he pulled his mother into a shop, where he had seen that same red round ball. With a huge smile, he pointed at the ball. "I wanna play!" he said. His mother, stood there, smiling at her excited son as she purchased the ball. How could anyone say 'no' to that?

*****

It was a Saturday as the blue haired boy sat by the sandbox at the playground where his nanny had taken him to. Laughter could be heard by the children playing around the slides and swings.

But the other children did not engage him. He sat by himself with his own basketball, bouncing it up and down. Even his nanny was talking with the other mothers of the children, having forgotten about him.

It was normal for him, to be sitting alone. Most people usually don't notice him. That was why he was surprised when he heard a voice from right in front of him.

"Hey you!"

His eyes widened and his lips parted as he stared at her, mouth a gaped. She was shorter than he was, but her hair was a fiery red and eyes were of a hot dark pink colour. He, someone with no presence, could practically feel the presence radiating off her.

He looked around to see who she was talking to, just to make sure.

"Hey, I'm talking to you," she said, looking at him in the eye. Since he was sitting down, she had to bend down a little, just a little to be on eye level with him. "What are you doing here all by yourself?"

"Because I'm alone," he answered.

"That's not good. This is a playground! You can't sit by yourself in a playground! It's a playground!" she replied in a rather perky manner.

"No one asked me to play with them," he answered her right back.

"Well duh, you're so gloomy, of course no one's gonna ask you to play with them," she said it like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"What about you then? You're alone. You probably scared them off with your big mouth," he retorted back in his monotone voice, as he averted his eyes away from her.

"Hey! That's mean, you big meanie," she pouted.

"You started it," he answered right back. She pouted again, and crossed her arms. Acting just like the child she was. Silence treatment.

1 second

2 second

3 second

4 sec-

"Are you gonna play with that?" she asked, pointing at the basketball, still pouting a little. The boy did not answer. "If you're not going to play with it, can I play?"

This time, he looked at her. "You know how to play?"

"Yeah I do!" she smiled brightly as she picked the ball up. "It's pretty easy. All you have to do is to bounce it up and down, and up and down, and up and down. Then... you shoot!" She picked the ball, and threw up it high in the air. It flew up, and...