Chapter 2: New Manager

A/N: Chappie 2 is uppie!

Vote if like, comment is you think it needs improvement!

*****

Chapter 2: New Manager

Hikaru Ayari sat in her English class, not listening to the teacher at all. All she could think about was the offer that she had been given earlier that day. To become the manager of the Basketball team.

If she was right, the Inter-High was coming up, and that means that they will need to work really hard on training. Even though they did win the Winter Cup, that doesn't mean their victory is guaranteed this time. No doubt their opponents would have improved as well. They probably have like a 10% chance of winning the Inter-High. Plus, their centre is gone. Their defence is probably really weak now.

Welp, looks like Seirin is done for this Inter-High, she thought. This sounds like a pain...yet, why do I keep thinking about their offer?

She used to play some basketball, and she was rather good at it. If she were to join this team, then that means, she'll have less time to join the street competitions. She was a little tight on money now.

Her whole family and life was in a mess right now. Her mother and step father was gone. Her grandparents basically had cut her off after her mother died. Her real father wouldn't even meet her, not that she had the intention of ever trying to go look for him. And now, she was just living in a small apartment living off the money that her mother had left her. Which will only last her a year or so.

Yup, her life was basically a mess, and she had been going to these street competitions trying to gain some extra money. The manager job would totally take time away from that. But, yet, there was something appealing about the offer.

I wonder... Just how good they are, she thought.

*****

Ayari walked stood outside the basketball team's gym. The door was opened, and inside, she could hear the sounds of the basketball game going on. She looked in, and saw, yet another school playing with Seirin. Everyone was so engrossed in the game, that no one noticed her slip into the gym, and went to the second level gallery to watch the game from above.

It was the last quarter already. She could see all the sweat dripping down their faces and onto the floor. She could see every inch of their muscles as they ran around, trying to get their hands on the ball.

They were all tired, but their eyes still had their fighting spirit. She could tell that the Seirin team was strong, but the team they were facing was a mediocre team. No wonder the score was 128-97.

But yet, the team took them seriously.

As she continued to observe them, she noticed a blue haired player. No one was marking him. Well that's stupid, they should really mark every player if they want a chance to win, she thought. Why is no one from the other team marking him?

Just then, she saw him start running, and he intercepted the opponents passed. A steal!

"Damn! Where did he come from?" one of the players from the opposing team cursed. She was surprised to hear him say that.

Now that I think about it, no one seems to be able to see him, it took me quite a while to notice him too, she thought as she leaned against the parapet of gallery, watching the game unfold.

The point guard of Seirin, Izuki-senpai caught the ball, and he dribbled towards their own hoop, and scored a goal after dodging the opponents centre. Not bad, he saw where his opponents were coming from, bet he has the eye too, she thought smiling.