Chapter 7: The Inter-High

A/N: Chapter 7! Here we go!

~~~~~

Chapter 7: The Inter-High

"Takao, where were you yesterday?" Midorima asked as he shot another hoop.

"Ah, nowhere really, I was just catching up with an old friend of mine," Takao laughed.

"You skipped practice for that?!" Miyaji yelled.

"Sumimasen!" Takao yelped. He ended up having to run laps around the school. But even so, after learning about Ayari-chan being the manager of Seirin, he couldn't help but feel excited.

"I'll beat both of you, Kuroko-kun and Ayari-chan," he said as he ran.

*****

~Somewhere in an unknown school~

"Ah... Basketball," a black-haired boy said as he entered the gym. "Such a simple game."

"Hm...? The Inter-High? Looks like Seijuro is playing again, as usual," he smirked, looking down at a magazine that was featuring all the best teams from last year.

He flipped the page, and his eyes landed on the page featuring Shutoku High. "Oh ho, now would you look at that. Kazunari is playing basketball too."

"Now, what a coincidence. Seijuro is playing, so is Kazunari. Daiko and Reiko are in Kaijo High as well. Now add me to the list, and who do we have left?"

"Ayari," he thought with a smirk.

"This will be fun."

*****

It was the preliminaries to the Inter-High. And Seirin easily swept through it. Now, they were once again nearing the semi-finals and finals to enter the championship league. Seirin was going against Senshinkan, one of the three kings that they didn't play against last year during the Inter-High.

Shutoku was also on their way to their semi-final game that day. Strangely enough, Seiho had been kicked out just before the semi-finals.

It was an hour before their matched started, and they were currently waiting around in the locker rooms.

"I'm going to get something to drink," Takao said as he walked out of the room. "Coming Shin-chan?"

"Why not?" he said, before following after Takao.

They were at the vending machine and had gotten their drinks, and were about to head back, when they saw a team walked towards them.

Midorima and Takao recognised them from their uniforms. It was the team that they were supposed to play against later on. Fukuradai Academy. They had defeated Seiho in the preliminaries.

Midorima continued to keep his straight face, but Takao was looking at them in shock. Mainly, at the person who stood at the very front, leading the team.

"No way," he whispered to no one in particular.

Midorima looked at his friend, confused. What has gotten into him?

The group drew closer, and the guy at the front smirked, before stopping in front of the duo.

"Well, well, if it isn't Midorima Shintarou from the Generation of Miracles. As well as," he looked at Takao. "My dear friend Takao Kazunari."

"What are you doing here in Japan?" Takao asked coldly. Midorima looked at him, surprised. Midorima has never heard Takao use that kind of voice on anyone before.