Chapter 3: What The Hell?

Ayari was sitting in her class, watching a basketball match on her phone, with her headphones on. It was one of the previous Seirin matches with Touou Academy. As she watched, she took note of every little thing that she found out.

Some may have already noticed, by she has the eyes. Eyes that could every little detail of every single thing, including the little movements of each and every single player. Even during her everyday life, she would be able to see everything around her.

But even so, she had been so engrossed in the game, she almost didn't notice someone standing next to her by her desk. Almost. "Huh? Kuroko-senpai?"

***

Kuroko had entered the classroom, unnoticed as usual. But as soon as he stepped next to Ayari's desk, everyone in the class stopped talking for a moment, and whispers filled the room.

"Who's that next to Hikaru-san?"

"I think he's a second year."

"How does he know Hikaru-san?"

She had been watching a game on her phone, and he recognised it as the match with Touou Academy back during the Spring Tournament, when they had lost to them in the semi-finals.

He watched her for a moment, until she froze and looked up at him. "Huh? Kuroko-senpai?"

"Ayari-chan," he said, a little surprised on the inside that she didn't jump like other people would.

"What are you doing here?" she asked, taking over her headphones.

"Coach forgot to tell you yesterday that training starts half an hour after school ends. She wanted me and Kagami-kun to come fetch you," he explained.

Ayari looked at the clock on the wall. "Oh, I didn't realise that it was already this late," she said, looking down to pause the match in her phone. "I was just watching the old matches to see what kind of mistakes you guys make during a real match."

"And what did you find out?" he asked, curious.

"You guys like to rush too much!" she exclaimed. "And also, when something doesn't go your way like when the ball gets stolen, you always falter! And in that split second you falter, the ball is already long gone from your team!"

He stared at her with his usual blank stare, but in reality, he was surprised by her outburst. She does care a lot about us winning. That's good.

Just then, Kagami appeared at the door. "Oi! Kuroko! Don't ever disappear on me like that! Could you at least tell me where you were going before you go?!"

"Sumimasen, Kagami-kun," Kuroko said.

"Kagami-senpai," Ayari greeted.

"Ah Ayari-san," Kagami said. "Looks like Kuroko found you. Anyway, let's go, Coach is going to be mad if we're late. She said she'll triple the training if we do."

"Let's go Ayari-chan," Kuroko said, walking towards the door.

"Yeah, Kuroko just might die if she does triple the training," Kagami laughed. Ayari giggled at that.

"K, coming," she said, picking up her bag and notebook. As she followed after them, she heard the whispers of her classmates.

"No way, Hikaru-san joined a club?!"

"I didn't know that she was interested in basketball."

"I wish I was in the basketball club!"