Chapter 4: Double Trouble

The next day, during a break during training, Ayari came running in. "We have a practice match with Kaijo tomorrow!" she exclaimed.

"Really, great," Kagami said. "We can finally play against Kise again."

"Right, he's one of the Generation of Miracles right?! That'll be so cool! To watch him play!" she exclaimed.

'You're rather cheery today, Ayari-san," Hyuuga said.

"Yup! Hehe," she smiled. "I don't know why though. Maybe it's because I've been sleeping rather well these days."

Kuroko looked at her and inwardly smiled, happy that the lotion had probably worked, and her muscles felt better. He had needed that lotion a lot back when he was in Teiko. Now, he was pretty much used to the training.

He was still looking at her, when he noticed something. Even though she was jumping with excitement, she wasn't moving her right arm that much.

"Here Kuroko-senpai," she said, handing him the bottle of lotion. "Thanks for lending that to me. It was actually really effective."

"Of course," he said, taking the lotion back. He then realised that she had used her left hand to hand it to him. Usually, she would use her right hand. Before he could ask her about it, she was already telling the rest of the members what time the practice match will be held.

"I wonder what their new team will be like, since their third years have already graduated," Riko said. "We didn't get to play with them at the Spring Tournament."

"Ayari-san, what's their new team like?" Koganei asked.

"Huh?" Ayari looked at him, tilting her head. "Am I supposed to know?" Everyone went silent at that.

"Uh... You are the manager," Izuki said. "You're supposed to do the scouting of other teams."

"Oh..." she said in realisation. "I forgot. Oops?"

"Seriously?!" the whole team thought, except for Kuroko and Riko.

"I'll just tell you everything about the new team tomorrow!" she smiled.

"Uh okay, but next time, in official matches, do the scouting beforehand, okay?" Hyuuga asked. She nodded.

"Okay, I'll try to remember next time," she answered, grinning.

"Ayari-chan," Kuroko suddenly said.

"Yeah?"

"Please don't stay up late tonight to watch all of Kaijo's old matches. We don't you looking like a panda tomorrow," he said.

The whole team was silent at that statement. That was not what the usual polite Kuroko would say.

"Hey! That was mean, Kuroko-senpai!" Ayari huffed. She crossed her arms and pouted "Besides, I won't." And then she walked away, but not before Kuroko caught her flinch ever so slightly as she touched her arm.

"Whoa, what's up with you Kuroko? That's not how you usually treat a girl," Furihata said. Kuroko looked at him.

"What do you mean, Furihata-kun?"

"I mean, when you're around girls, you're always much more gentlemanly," he said.

"Yeah, even I'm surprised," Kagami said. All the guys nodded too. Kuroko looked away.

"I don't know what you are talking about," he answered.

"Yes you do! You just don't want to admit it!" Kagami yelled.