Chapter 6: Old Friends

A/N: Chapter six! Here we go!

~~~~~

Chapter 6: Old Friends

Ayari was walking out of school. She was leaving practice early, as she had to go to yet another competition to earn some extra cash. As she walked out of the school, she saw a familiar boy with jet black hair, leaning against a tree.

"So it really is you A-ya-ri-chan," he smirked.

She was staring in shock. Then a smile broke her face. "Takao!"

"What are you doing here in Japan, without calling your old pal, huh?" he interrogated her.

"Haha, sorry, Takao. It was kind of sudden when I moved back here," Ayari laughed. "Come on, we can talk while we walk."

*****

Before she moved to America, she had studied in elementary school in Japan for a while. And her only friend had been Takao, even though he was one year older. They had been best friends, until she moved to America in middle school, and only came back a once a year.

"I can't believe that you moved back here without telling me!" Takao exclaimed. "And you're in Seirin too!"

"Yeah, it was a pretty sudden move," Ayari laughed.

"So why did you move back here?" Takao asked.

"Edo... I guess I was met with misfortune," she said, smiling sadly. She told him what happened when she had been in America. He looked at her sadly.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know," he said.

"Nah, it's fine," she laughed. "So I'm guessing you're from Shutoku High. Are you in the basketball team?"

"Yup," he said proudly.

"Wait, then you must have met Kuroko-senpai and Kagami right?" she asked him. He looked at her and laughed.

"Yup. They defeated us last year during the Inter-High," he said.

"Really?"

"Yeah, even though we had Shin-chan with us!" he exclaimed.

"Huh? Who's Shin-chan?"

"You know, that shooter from the Generation of Miracles? Midorima Shintarou," he said.

"Wait, he's in Shutoku?!"

"Yup," he answered, laughing. "Your Seirin won us by a point. We didn't get to face them during the Spring Tournament though. I wish we had, because I so wanted to defeat that Kuroko-kun."

"Eh? Kuroko-senpai? Why?" she asked.

"Because, I lost the last time. Besides, I hate him," Takao muttered.

"Eh?! Why would you hate him?" Ayari asked, alarmed.

"Because his play is so similar to mine. We're natural enemies," Takao said. Ayari rolled her eyes at that. "But I guess I respect him. That's why I don't want to lose."

"Hm...," she looked at him smugly.

"What?"

"Nothing," she giggled.

"So, where are we going?" Takao asked as they walked to the park. Then he saw the flyer. "A dance competition?"

"Yup! Just to try earning some extra cash," she said.

"But Ayari-chan, it says that you need at least three people to enter," Takao said. She looked at the flyer again.

"Oh...," she said. Takao laughed.