Chapter 10: Surprises (Part I)

A/N: I didn't realise that I haven't updated this in months until someone commented on one of the chapters. Lol

~~~~~

Chapter 10: Surprises (Part I)

"So, Ayari-chan's back?" Hyuuga asked. It was Monday, and practice resumed.

"Yeah, she seems happier I guess," Riko said.

"Maybe it's because of Kuroko-kun?" Izuki asked.

"Those two have been acting weird today," Tsuchida said. As he said it, Kuroko had said something, making Ayari pout and hit him in his shoulder. The third years watched as Kuroko gave a small smile while Ayari stomped off.

"They look... close?" Koganei said, more of a question than a statement. The third years nodded as they watched the two interact.

*****

~ At Touou Academy Gymnasium ~

"Dai-chan!" Momoi called.

Aomine, who was about to shoot a hoop, stopped and looked at her. "What Satsuki?" he asked. He was sweating a lot from practicing. No wonder, they had lost in the Inter-High against this new school that just popped up. Furukadai. They had beaten Seirin and Shutoku as well.

They had actually won the Inter-High, after a close battle with Rakuzan. Which probably made Akashi furious.

"I want to host another gathering again with everyone! Since the Inter-High is over, I thought it would be alright," she said.

"Fine, you can do whatever you like," he said.

"We'll play basketball again! Just the seven of us! Ooh, maybe I should invite Kagamin too!" Momoi thought.

"Eh?! Invite that baka? Why?" he asked, shooting another hoop.

"Because it'll be much more fun!" she said, smiling.

"Do whatever you want Satsuki. As long as I get to play basketball, I'm fine," he said.

"Yay! Thanks Dai-chan!" she yelled as she went off to start calling everyone.

Aomine looked after the pink-haired figure, and he sighed before shooting another hoop. "You just want to see Tetsu again."

*****

Kuroko was walking back from school with Ayari and Kagami, when his phone rang.

"Domo, Kuroko here," he said picking up the call.

"Tets-kun!" Momoi's voice came through.

"Ah, Momoi-san."

"Tets-kun, you want to meet up with us on Saturday? You know, with the old team?" she asked.

"Really? That would be great," Kuroko answered excitedly.

"Oh, you can bring Kagami-kun if you want. I'm sure it'll be much more fun with him there!" she said.

"Edo, wait for a moment," he said. He looked at Kagami. "Kagami-kun, are you free on Saturday. Momoi-san wants to hold a gathering with the Generation of Miracles, and she says you could come."

"Eh? Are you sure?"

"Yes. It would be much more fun," he said.

"Then, sure, I don't have much to do," Kagami answered.

"Momoi-san?"

"Hai."

"We'll be there," he answered.