Chapter 5: Boxed Lunch

Turns out, Daiko and Reiko were supposed to be studying abroad in America, but they came to Japan and had entered Kaijo High. They used to play sports a lot, basketball in particular. And thus, they joined Kaijo Basketball team.

As they were walking back to catch the bus back home, they all decided have dinner together, this time, they had enough money to eat, unlike last time.

The whole Seirin team sat in the restaurant as they ate. The third years took one table, the second years and first years took the longer table next to it. Ayari was sitting next to Daichika, and Iwazaki, and opposite to Kuroko, with Kagami sitting next to him.

As usual, Kagami had ordered enough food to feed a giant, and Kuroko had called ordered food that would look like a feast... for an ant.

"Kuroko-senpai, is that all you're going to eat?" Ayari asked, looking at his food.

"Yes," he answered.

"Ayari-san, that's the most he can ever eat," Koganei said.

Ayari just stared at him in shock. Kuroko was trying his best not to squirm under her gaze. Everyone was about to continue eating, when Ayari blurted out, "No wonder you're so weak!"

Kuroko choked on his saliva, while the rest of the team started choking as they gasped for air.

Kagami was shaking with laughter at her words, while Kuroko was looking at her with a deadpanned expression, not knowing what to say.

Ayari held out her chopsticks and picked up a piece of meat from her plate, before holding it in front of Kuroko. "Eat!" she said.

Kuroko gave her an 'are-you-serious' look. And she returned it with an 'oh-I-am-dead-serious' one.

He shook his head, declining.

"I said eat!" she repeated as she held piece of meat closer to his mouth. He kept his mouth firmly shut as he moved his head away from her. "You have to eat! Or else you're going to stay as weak as you are now!"

"No thank-," he said, but was cut off when she forced the meat into his mouth. He had a look of surprise when he felt it being shoved into his mouth. Unable to do anything else, he chewed and swallowed it.

"See? Now that wasn't so hard now, was it?" she asked, giving her know-it-all look. She picked up another piece of meat and leaned over the table. Obviously Kuroko had to eat another one.

Kuroko shook his head again.

"Come on! Eat!"

"But then, you wouldn't be eating any-," Kuroko said, and once again, was cut off by another piece of meat being shoved into his mouth.

"Sir, we'll have another plate of Set A," she said to the waiter. He nodded, and walked off. Kuroko's eyes widened at that.

"Now, stop moving away and eat!" Ayari said. Kuroko was already on his feet. "Kagami! Stop him!"

"Oh no, you're not going anywhere! This is just too funny!" Kagami laughed, smirking. The rest of the team were laughing too. Poor Kuroko.

Kagami caught him before he could walk away, and was forcing him to sit back on his chair, and made sure that Kuroko wouldn't run off again. Ayari was already on the table as she held the meat in front of him.

"Come on and open up!" she said, trying to force the food into his mouth. But this time, he learnt his lesson, and kept his mouth shut. His facial expression was the usual deadpanned look, but looking slightly annoyed and surprised. Ayari returned it with her own deadpanned look. "Kagami?"