Chapter 12, Magical Experimentation

a/n logic of magic has been broken for this chap >.<

Before Harry and friends had apparated to NYC, Harry had found an old 'switching spell' in a book Hermione got Ginny into, that Ginny had pestered Harry to read. And yes, Annabeth did do this to Percy several times but that's not relevant to this. Point is, Harry wanted to learn the spell except for one crucial detail...

It had an age restriction.

How a spell had an age restriction was beyond him, but it was certainly an older spell as you had to be eighteen to use the spell or have permission from someone eighteen years or older. He would have tried it but he lacked that permission. Fred and George were running their store in Diagon Alley. Mr. Weasley or Mrs. Weasley would probably not approve of such spell. The other Weasley siblings were nowhere to be seen so he obviously couldn't ask them. Then he went to his 'family reunion' and he knew that he couldn't ask any of his two aunts or uncles as they were muggle.

Then who he would ask came to him, his older cousin who happened to be eighteen, Percy. Things may have gotten off on a rocky start with him and his cousin, but Percy had grown on him during the three days as bonding time. While true he could ask Annabeth, Percy was probably someone who he could understand better and besides he was the first eighteen year old to come to Harry's mind so now the question was: how would he ask him?

And the answer came simply to him, just ask him straightforward. Percy to him seemed the kind of guy who'd take risks, even stupid ones. So he went up and asked him.

"-sigh- And you need me to do what?" said Percy who was confused by what Harry had asked him. Percy knew Harry was an of-age wizard so he should be able to do the spell.

"Well, I need you to give me permission to do the spell so I can use it."

"I thought you were of-age?"

"I am, this spell however needs someone eighteen years or older to cast it or someone eighteen or older to give permission to someone younger to be able to cast it."

"So you want me to give you my permission so you can cast some spell that has an age restriction?"

"Basically yes."

"Sure I guess."

"Oh and uh, do you think we could do this in a secret place?"

"Why?"

"Well, we aren't allowed to show muggles, or mortals as you call them."

"You showed my mom, aunt Maddie, uncle Jack, and cousin Jazz."

"Their family, the rule doesn't apply to them."

"-sigh- Fine, but we're taking Danny with us."

"Why?!"

"You owe him for us not being able to your bonding activity, and he'd probably just go invisible and follow us either way."

"Fine, we'll take him."

"Good, now you have to tell him."

"Why me?"

"You're the one asking to do this, not me."

"Fine I'll ask him, anything else?"

"Oh one more thing, I hope you don't mind the dark and un-human noises." said Percy who then went into his room and looked for something that Harry had no idea what it was.

That last thing Percy had said to him, was a bit unsettling. But Harry brushed it off, he'd faced much worse than the dark and non-human beings. One of the latter being his worst enemy, Lord Voldemort.