Chapter 21, Can it Work?

While waiting for their powers to come back, the group planned their means of escape.

However despite them all being in more than one battle, none of them were really the best strategists. Usually, the strategizing was left up to well... the strategist of the group. Neither of them were the strategist, although Danny and Jazz could be considered something seeing as they did somewhat plan-out their battles.

Percy and Harry on the other hand...

Well Percy's line, Greeks let's fight stuff, showed that he wasn't much of a strategist. In a tight situation he could make do with a, admittedly simple, plan.

Simple is the key word to remember.

That's why planning usually fell to Annabeth and the other Athena cabin members. Their plans were much more complex, or more likely to succeed.

Harry on the other hand...

Well plans usually never fell to him.

Simple.

Anyways, the group was trying to create a plan. Something not overly complex or too simple. Just something that would function on getting them out of there in one piece.

"Ok are you sure something like this is gonna work? We can't exactly test it, and it's fairly ambitious."

"Well we don't have too many options now do we?"

"True, although the plan does seem risky."

"I'm not sure I agree with that part of it."

"Seeing as this plan seems to be the one that might work best, considering our circumstances."

"Somehow I feel like we could come up with a better one."

"Well none of us are really strategists now are we?"

"The truth is spoken."

"Never have truer words been said."

Also seeing as the group was prone to goofing off, or getting off topic the plans they formed weren't exactly the most thought out.

But they would have to do.

Although in a better circumstance, they probably all could have come up with a better one.

However seeing as a lot of them were fairly stubborn, them deciding to think of a better one was thrown out the window.

Who threw it?

Eh who knows, probably Danny or Percy.

Either way, it seems like the plan they had come up with was the one they were sticking too.

Yo why are you just sitting here talking about our plan instead of actually having us go through with it.

Ok I thought I told you to stay put.

Well we aren't really doing anything aside from creating a plan and goofin off. Speaking of which, shouldn't Vlad have come in or something?

Look I'm tryna wright this while hopin you guys are still acting in-character.

When you put it like that, it makes me question my existence even more.

Whatever. Either way, Vlad's a character is a can of worms that author~chan here is still trying to figure out.

Well good luck.

Ok now I'm going to continue on with this so please, Danny I beg of you, stay put!

Eh I'll try my best but no promises.

Good.

Considering everything that could go wrong with said plan, was talked about.

"Ok so what if the plan does go wrong, what do we do."

"We improvise."

"If I ain't mistaken, that be something only a few of us are good at."

"Ok out of all ways you could've possibly phrased that, you phrased it like that?!"

"Smth who cares about the way he phrased it, we need to think this through."

Let it be said that when they didn't try to keep things on topic.

Of course, goofing off was still very much a thing. I mean this is a group with Percy and Danny, how can it not.

Sure they can be serious, but you know what when serious stuff is happening, as people you just decide to take your mind off it in the weirdest and probably most inconvenient way possible.

'Nuff said.

Anyways, before the author gets even more off topic than she already is, seeing as the group knew the plan could go wrong they talked about what could go wrong.

However, there was no way of knowing what would go wrong until they went through with it. Which meant that when the time came to go through with it, they would just have to hope and maybe send up a prayer to the gods with the promise of a sacrifice later that it would work out.

But since none of them could really predict the future, that was just a hope because something did go wrong.

all

-cat out!