Chapter 16, Question Everything

The group took Ron's words in silently, for the most part agreeing with what he had said, until a certain bushy haired witch spoke up.

"Ron, I said the spell might be permanent. I didn't say it was."

"'Mione, for all you know it could be-"

"Could be permanent, but we can try to undo it. You, me, and Ginny. If we all work together we should just be able to undo this."

"Should be able to, Hermione if you think about what Danny said about Harry becoming really powerful when the spell backfired, then could we even be able to do it? You're the smartest witch I know, with the exception of a few, and Ginny is a great duelist herself, and me an average wizard, could we really do this?"

"Ron, you're far from average so don't let me hear that again, and you at least have to try. Even if it doesn't work, you at least gave it a shot." said Harry.

Ron heard Harry's words, blushed a little and replied with, "Th... thanks mate."

"That aside we need to figure out what to do. I'm pretty sure my brother, Percy, and Harry would like to get back to normal ASAP." said Jazz.

"She's right," said Annabeth, "and I think the best way of figuring out how to get you guys back to normal is to know what the spell did, which we do, however I think we should hear what they have to say about it. Anyone want to go first?"

"It's literally been, who knows how long, and all I've done is suffer."

"Thanks for your input seaweed brain, who's next?"

"Well, I can't transform and I don't really know how this magic thing works but I'm alright."

"Ok, I don't exactly know how it works either, after Harry gives his input can someone explain how magic works."

"Well, I haven't been affected all that much, actually I really haven't had a problem the entire time."

"Thank you Harry, now can someone explain how magic works, Hermione, Ron, Ginny?"

"Magic is, something quite simple to explain. It gives the user the ability to alter the fabric of reality, and doesn't follow the laws of physics. Its hereditary, yet will occasionally show up from muggle offspring and sometimes not at all from magical offspring. It's simple enough for a two year old to do, but at the same time uncontrollable."

Annabeth took that in and begun to think.

If magic is something that can alter reality that explains what happened. Yet at the same time, I've seen magic before, granted only twice, but the first time it didn't seem like Percy was affected. Ok well that is assuming Percy was hit by magic during the reveal? Is that what I'm going to call it? You know what that works so I'm calling it that. So hypothetically if Percy was hit THEN, but took no effect he should have no effect now but he does. Ugh... No matter how you explain it Hermione magic isn't simple. Wait. What if it worked because Danny said Harry had become really powerful, then could it be... Can only a really powerful wizard affect a demigod, assuming that demigods aren't affected by magic. Then again that could just be a Percy only thing but whatever. If so something had to have happened to Harry to make him so powerful like Danny said. How MUCH more powerful did he have to be then, if he at a normal level couldn't affect Percy... AND how would he have been able to become that much more powerful in the first place. It's not like power boosters appear out of thin air this is real life not some-

"ANNABETH! Earth to Annabeth! You've been staring off into space for like 5 minuets!"

Percy's voice snapped her out of her thoughts and back to reality.

"Sorry, I was just trying to piece together why this all is happening and there's just so many things that don't make sense. Why must this world be so confusing?"

"I don't know, if I did, then we would've figured out the prophecies sooner and maybe we could've-no that would've only made them happen even more."

"Ok I'm lost, what do prophecies have anything to do with this?"

Everyone turned to look at Danny.

"What, I am really lost and have like no idea what Percy's even talking about with prophecies n'stuff."

"You don't have to understand it, just forget it really."

"Ok can we get back on topic then," interrupted Jazz, "Annabeth could you please share some of your thoughts with us?"

"Thanks Jazz. Well I was trying to figure out how this all works because some of what's going on kinda contradicts what I've reasoned."

"Which is?" asked Hermione.

"Magic, shouldn't have affected Percy."

"What made you come to that idea?"

"She is right?"

Everyone looked at Harry.

"How do you know this?"

"Did you forget how we found out about each other? It's been a few days but come on... Anyways during that whole event my magic bounced off of Percy, but worked normally on me and Danny."

"Thank you for confirming my hypothesis, anyways, since that's the case Percy shouldn't have been affected yet was."

"Ok now that you mention it, I am now realizing that Harry's magic had no effect on me, during that whole thing, so why's it working now?"

Annabeth looked Percy dead in the eye and raised her right eyebrow.

"You only notice that now?"

"In my defense my mind was focused on other just as important things."

"I'll believe you for now, ok back on-"

"Wait I just remembered that whole thing started because my ghost sense went off, but afterwards I didn't sense it again that seems suspicious to me."

Can I please just say what I have to say?!

"Danny, I have no idea what a 'ghost sense' is, but the ghost probably went away. Now..."

It seemed like everything surrounding the group went silent. It was like they were in a TV show or something, perhaps a book, no similar but probably something else.

"Can you NOT interrupt what I'm trying to say?"

Everyone, sans Annabeth, looked at her perhaps a little scared and slowly nodded.

Annabeth took a deep breath in and exhaled.

"Good, now back to what I was saying Percy should not have been affected so something must've happened to allow him to be affected. Like Danny had said earlier, it was and I quote 'Harry, temporarily, became really powerful'-"

Dang she actually remembered, Danny thought careful not to say aloud and risk Annabeth's anger again.

"-so what I theorize happened was that this 'super-powered' Harry was able to break through whatever magic resistance thing Percy has, had? Whatever... Which allowed for the power switch to happen."

The group silently took that in, then Percy broke the silence.

"That makes sense n'all, but how's this gonna help us get back to normal?"

"Crap... I didn't get that far."

*kicks down door*

I lived

Hope you enjoyed

-cat out!