Chapter 20, Reason What Reason

"Why are you doing this?"

Jazz's voice was calm, a bit cool, and collected.

Vlad raised an eyebrow.

"Do I need a reason?"

Vlad, I may only be your enemy through my brother and his friends, which means I haven't encountered you as much as they have. But that doesn't mean I can't understand you. I pretty much tricked you into thinking I was willing to be your daughter, I know how you work.

What are your doing this for, what's in it for you?

"Well you almost always seem to have one."

"Almost?"

"I take that back, you do always have a reason. That reason being either my mother or Danny, sometimes both."

And if I'm not mistaken, I believe another one was taking over the Ghost Zone.

"I also take the humiliation of your father as an acceptable reason."

"That too a- wait why am I even talking to you about this? I should be trying to get you to spill out your plans. Namely why you've abducted us."

"Answering your first question sis, that would be the author again."

Danny please, STAY PUT!

"Gosh dang it Danny! Will you stop it with the author?"

Danny only shrugged in response.

"Well Jasmine, seeing as that's what you're expecting me to do, I won't."

Oh crap why did I say that... was I expecting him to hear that and just spill out all his secrets to us? As Danny, in his newfound reference inducing ways would say, that would be the most cliché thing for a villain to do. Now how am I supposed to figure this out...?

"Dang it Jazz! Why'd you say that?"

"Well I'm sorry lil brother, I just wasn't thinking straight ok?"

"Thinking straight? From you? Suuure you were."

"Danny I wasn't talking about it like that!"

"Uh huh ok, but in all seriousness why bring it up?"

"Like I said I wasn't thinking correctly."

"No you said you weren't thinking straight."

"Same thing!"

Danny slowly nodded in response mouthing ok.

Jazz let out a long frustrated groan.

Why did her brother have to be like this?

"If you two are done, I still quite believe I am owed some introductions? Am I not?"

"No you aren't."

Vlad looked disappointed.

"Tsk. Then I believe for the time being, I will take my leave. When I come back, I expect you to do as I say. To which I say one, be quiet, and two, give me the introductions. Only then, I believe we will be able to discuss things in a more, civil manner."

Upon saying civil manner, he flashed Danny and Percy the evil eye.

In response, both of them rolled their eyes.

Vlad only proceeded to give them an even angrier look, then practically vanished.

Harry opened his mouth to speak, but was sent a look from Danny that said be quiet. He complied, and Danny noticed. Afterwards for the next few minutes it seemed that whenever someone opened their mouth to speak, Danny would shush them.

After about what felt like ten minutes, Danny decided to end the silence.

"VLAD MASTERS IS A CRAZED UP FRUIT LOOP!"

Since no response came, Danny let out a sigh of relief.

"Why'd you do that for?"

"Well Haise, I was checking to see if the fruit loop was listening to us. At the moment I don't have my power that allows me to know if he's here or not."

"Ok speaking of that," Percy joined in, "this power-swap thing is really confusing. Like it seems like some of us have retained some of our original powers, but at the same time we have each other's powers. It's really confusing to put into words, but it seems like the spell used to switch our powers either didn't do a good job of it or Danny's 'author' theory may have some merit."

"Oh not you too!"

"Yes. Someone who agrees."

"I didn't say I agreed, I just said it could have some merit."

"Same thing."

Percy let out an exasperated sigh and rolled his eyes.

"Anyways about the power-swap, I think it wasn't permanent and it's currently in the middle of switching back."

"You know this because?"

"I can't feel Harry's magic, or my powers."

Percy took that in for a moment before responding.

"If you could feel our powers or something, why didn't you mention that when Annabeth was interrogating us?"

"Either I forgot or the author just didn't write it."

"If your theory was something told to me at a different time, I may have just asked you to see a therapist."

"Ok..."

"Well, if what you say about our powers is true, then it's likely they could be at the midway point of switching back. However that probably means that for now, we can't do s*** about anything."

"That's one way of putting it."

"Well then," Harry interjected, "let's wait for the spell to come undone."

"Agreed and we should also try to come up with a way out of here, I dunno about you guys but I ain't stayin around the crazed fruit loop longer than I need to."

this

-cat out!