Chapter 18, No One Other

Ow... my head... Where am...

Rubbing a hand against his head, Danny sat up.

Taking a quick glance around, he noticed he was in a locked room, and he wasn't alone. Strewn about in various positions were Jazz, Percy, and Harry.

In an attempt to move closer to one of them, Danny fell over and took notice of the shackles around his feet. They glowed green, indicating that they would inhibit him from using his ghost powers to phase through them.

Not that that really mattered, he didn't have his powers right now, so they really only worked as just normal shackles.

Come to think of it, Danny didn't really feel anything right now. Despite not really having any problems associated with having Harry's magic transferred over to him, he still felt it.

Was felt it the right way to describe it?

Danny thought so.

It was like a humming of sorts, a constant buzz. A tingling feeling. Yet somewhat distant, as if coming from another source, which it was.

But that's all it was.

Unlike his or Percy's powers which for the most part were showy and physical, was that a way of describing them, Harry's magic was a kind of intangible. There, but not something really showy, unless he used it you'd never know it was there.

Then again, Danny thought, it also seems like Harry and his wizard friends really can't do much without their wands. Actually... now that I think about it, I've only ever seen them use magic with wands. Is wandless magic a thing, but just extremely difficult. Eh, I'll probably never find out.

That didn't matter to him though, he's just like to have his ghost power's back.

Right now... it didn't feel like he had anything.

The constant hum of Harry's magic wasn't there and the raw energy feeling, these descriptions are physically painful to write, that came from his own power wasn't there either.

Perhaps that was a sign that the spell wasn't permanent and was slowly but surely coming back... or the enemy just had a way of neutralizing their powers. With how things were, it could've very well been either of those things.

Coming out of his thoughts, Danny adjusted his position to make moving around a bit easier. Once that was done, he glanced around the room again to see if any of his family was waking up.

Jazz woke up first.

She got up and blearily blinked the weird tired feeling that came with sleeping, something that never makes sense you just had some rest why would you be tired, away. Turning her head to look left to right, taking in her surroundings, she caught sight of her brother.

"Danny... is that you?"

A bit of suspicion was laced in her voice, despite the fact he had his legs shackled together, he could still very much be overshadowed for all she knew. If he was then well she was in no condition to fight in case things went hostile, which they usually did, and she would have to watch what she said. If he wasn't then well it doesn't hurt to be careful.

"Yes Jazz it's me, who else would it be, Tuxedo Mask?"

Really Danny or gho-you know what a ghost overshadowing her brother wouldn't stoop that low. This was definitely her brother.

"Really Danny, of all times to make an anime reference, now?"

"Well it certainly takes your mind off of whatever imminent doom you might be facing.