5. Wonho

*slight trigger warning-going to mention some depression and suicidal scenes*

He saved her.
He didn't have to. But he did.
He could have minded his own business, he could have kept walking, he didn't have to stop for a sad stranger.
But Wonho wasn't that kind of person. He had a gentle heart and a beautiful smile and he would always be the type of person to stop to help a stranger.

She had had enough. She was tired of the life she was living. A job she hated, a judgmental family, she was failing her college classes, she had no energy for any of it anymore. She kept quiet for so long but she was bursting at the seams at this point.
She didn't even cry anymore. She just felt empty and tired. There was nobody to ask if she was okay, she had nobody to vent to.
She went for a walk.
A walk that she planned to be her last walk.
She thought day and night about this choice and she was just so tired..

He was also on a walk.
A walk, like others, that involved headphones and a big smile.
He appreciated the world. He saw the beauty behind all the darkness.

She stood at the edge. The edge of the bridge that would be the last thing she touched. She had removed her shoes, she didn't know why, but it felt right.
She ducked under the rail that separated her from the water below. The water rushed quickly but she didn't feel scared.
Still no tears fell from her eyes.

Wonho danced through the town, his headphones playing his favorite songs. He was content with the life he lived.

She silently said goodbye to family members who wouldn't care and co workers who wouldn't mind.
Goodbye.

He saw her.
He saw her and felt pain in his heart.
Before he could even think about it, his feet were already running towards her.

It was time. She was done thinking about it. One step forward and she would fall.
Deep breath and she felt herself starting to fall.

Time slowed and the wind whipped around her; it was cold.

He grabbed her. He grabbed her in time.
Wonho pulled her through to the safe side of the bridge.
They fell to the ground and he held her tight in his arms.
She was shocked and confused, looking up at a stranger who risked his own safety to save her life.
And that's when the tears began to spill from her eyes. All the emotions of the past few years, everything she had held in for so long, poured out.
Wonho didn't dare move an inch as the girl began to sob in his arms. He was happy that she was safe now.
--
Slowly her uncontrolled sobs came to a stop. Wonho held her tight and rubbed her back until she wiped her eyes and looked up at him.
"Why?" She asked. He knew what she meant. He didn't answer but just pulled her back into his chest.
.
.
.
.
He saved her.
And he continued to save her.
This boy with a heart of gold, full of talent and destined to become something great, swore to protect the stranger on a bridge.
He helped her get her life together. He took her away from all things negative.
He helped her see how much beauty there could be in the world.

In return, she became his wife. She gifted him, her support in his pursuit of being a singer. She gave him children that he loved so much. And I would call this the happy ending.

A/N
if you are suffering from depression I would like to offer my advice and help if you ever need it. I was in a bad place for a very long time and I am now able to say I am happy. Feel free to message me here or on Twitter @adorejooheon .
Thank you for reading !