Wonho

"We were born to be real, not to be perfect"

He was the type to always be saying this kind of stuff. Everything that came out of his mouth sounded like a poem. Everything beautifully put together, it seemed like each word was its own work of art.
Wonho himself looked like a statue of a god.

He was the type to be smiling at the sky, seeing some unknown beauty that most of us weren't aware of. He smiled at strangers, at animals, and even objects. He was an unstoppable force of the purest kind.
I wished to be one-tenth of what he was.

He was the type of person that you would only be lucky to encounter once in a lifetime. Hold on to these type of people and appreciate them. I wished I had appreciated him much more.
Wonho handed me advice and pieces of his thoughts but I never knew what was down deeper inside of him.

Wonho was a glacier.
The type to have more hidden underneath than what they showed.
He was a mystery to me in the end.

After smiling at the sky, he would frown at the ground. Filled with a numbness. Behind his beautiful poetic words, there was silent ugly thoughts. Smiling only to keep back something inside. Not only being an unstoppable force but being dragged down by an unstoppable force.

It was this town. This numb, ugly town. The town that traps and rips beautiful souls apart. Wonho, who was the purest of all, was beaten down by this town.

I never saw beneath the glaciers tip until the last day. He wasn't smiling that day. He had no advice. No thoughts to share.
But he looked at me differently that day. He had a different spark.

"I'm going now" he told me. His voice sounding just as poetic as always.

He had his bags packed besides him. He was onto a new town. Somewhere that wouldn't suck his soul dry.
I wished him luck and he smiled at me weakly.
He walked away and his shoulders relaxed as he turned his back on this devil town.
I wished to be one-tenth of what he was.

One day, I too, will leave this damn town.